BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Re: Yeasty paw pads???

With Bodie, we are ALWAYS fighting yeast. In the paws, nose rope, tail pocket and folds, ears, he's even had yeast on his body before. Vet always told me that if you smell the area and it smells like 10 smelly dogs, it's yeast! I've become very aware of the yeast smell now and w/Bodie it's an ongoing battle!!!

BullyLove!!!

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
You can definately use that for the tail pocket. Just make sure you dry it real good then apply some gold bond medicated powder.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
sharon its diluted, the peroxide takes care of any infection from the licking and open paws, and the vinegar takes care of the yeast. it works well for us.

Mom to Brutus

Nov 5, 2012
Burke, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
We have been fighting yeast with Brutus for over a year!! He's been licking his feet constantly!! It wakes us up at night! He has been on prednisone, temerill. We've changed his diet, put vinegar in his water, clean his bedding every week and so on. The yeast is mostly in his paws but on his skin too sometimes. I think I am trying this soak!! Thank you!!

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
I noticed the active ingredients in Malacetic wipes are 2% acetic acid (vinegar) and 2% boric acid. Has anyone tried using a vinegar-boric acid solution for paw cleaning? Regular distilled vinegar is 5-8% acetic acid (not sure about apple cider vinegar). We once tried some hydrogen peroxide for paws and face and it made her stinky yeast smell a lot stronger, but we never tried mixing it with vinegar.

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
This is what i'm dealing with right now. Extremely painful to her. She won't let me touch them Bacon.View attachment 38467View attachment 38468

5-7 drops of GSE (grapefruit seed extract) per approximately 1oz of water. Mix well and apply as much as possible. you can just keep dipping the paws every time you think of it and let it dry on their own. GSE is a very strong anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It has no scent and it would not stain anything, as it is colorless.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

How long do you make him soak each paw?

I'd go as long as they allow you too, which is generally a couple of minutes. I would also stick your hand in there, and rub between the toes, and under the pads to ensure its getting in there too :)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde

thanks all for the information .....you are the best:)

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@RaRett Brie is having some allergy issues going on...she has been licking her paws and the top fur area is a little discolored, I'm guessing as a result of that? No corn chip smell as of yet tho, and she is currently taking Benadryl and prednisone (the itches we think caused her to rub her right eye giving her an ulcer). Will using your wonderful concoction help if there is no yeast there? I started wiping her feet with warm water n acv on washcloth last nite.

What is ACV?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online