Rabies vaccine for puppy

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Hello all! Wanted to get your opinions on at what age puppy should be given rabbies vaccine?

Thank you 😀😀

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello all! Wanted to get your opinions on at what age puppy should be given rabbies vaccine?

Thank you ����

I’m going to say something but this is “my opinion” as I’m on the holistic approach. YOU definitely do whatever you want as it’s your dog. I have never given any rabies shots (or any shots) to any of my dogs I’ve own in my lifetime. I know some areas like in Canada demands it. That being said, never heard of anyone on the western side of the planet knocking on a door to check paperwork. Usually it’s around the age of 9months. If you’re going that approach, just make sure there is no other vaccines done at the same time. Don’t mix even if your vet says no problem. We’ve seen members in here their dogs had bad allergic reaction issues n one we will never know as the owner never came back to tell us if his dog made it. We think he didn’t. I’m not saying this to scare you but why take any chances. Just wait a couple months in between. Spreading out all vaccines is much wiser n gives you the chance to see if there is any reactions. Like that doesn’t damage any organs. Also if you go for it, ask for the vaccines ever 3yrs n not yearly. Again this is my opinion but it’s your dog. :)

OP
D

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
That is great information. Did not know if it was a mandatory vaccine. So your info was definitely very much appreciated!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That is great information. Did not know if it was a mandatory vaccine. So your info was definitely very much appreciated!!

Another thing I do for fleas, ticks n mosquitos I make a special mixture with essential oils. I often bring the pups to Banff n walk. I spray them before leaving n they are fine. You can use it on yourself too.

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes, rabies is law in most states, but if the pup has a reaction you can get a health waiver. Most pups get the shot before 4 months old with a repeat shot every three years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, rabies is law in most states, but if the pup has a reaction you can get a health waiver. Most pups get the shot before 4 months old with a repeat shot every three years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4months? Here my vets suggested 9months as pups their immunity is still strong. Interesting :)

Members online

No members online now.