Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
4E1CDB52-CE2E-4289-8FEB-6D86373CD3B6.png

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Enough ā€” I will not have EBN turned into what the rest of the world is going through.

if you donā€™t want to have open respectful discussion on different options/knowledge then donā€™t respond to a post. This is not Twitter, Facebook or other sewage social media. Be respectful.

thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Enough ā€” I will not have EBN turned into what the rest of the world is going through.

if you donā€™t want to have open respectful discussion on different options/knowledge then donā€™t respond to a post. This is not Twitter, Facebook or other sewage social media. Be respectful.

thanks in advance for your cooperation!
I apologize, you are correct and I should have refrained. I'm sorry, I have removed all associated posts.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I'm sorry but that post is insulting to about 85%-to 95% of EB owners & Breeders... & It is UN-true entirely. I listed color charts not an insult... Have a great day and believe whatever you choose. I will be certain to avoid any and all of your future posts or comments. Be Careful, That high horse may have some Boston Terrier In it!

I saw your post and have never been more insulted in my life. My post will only insult the irresponsible breeders. Maybe you should do some research and learn about the breed and the standard. And yes, please avoid my posts and comments as you clearly donā€™t want to know the facts. Good day.

Okay, let me try to mediate this conversation. Might not help but it's only worth 2 cents.

What Cbrugs is referencing is the AKC Standard colors. Now, for those who believe that AKC is the end-all-be-all of EB standards (understandable as it is the most popular Club) then those are the colors of EB and everything else are "gimmicks".

There are, of course, other reputable Kennel Clubs like the CKC which is not as popular. People have been debating AKC vs CKC (and other Clubs) and that's well and good as they're all just trying to build good breed lines.

The 2 EBs that I've owned are not AKC. Bullie (pictured on my profile) is a CKC Bulldog. She has a longer nose than a standard AKC. The CKC standard specifically breeds for the longer nose as a correction to the AKC flat nose. The CKC color standard, though, are the same as AKC Colors. Bullie is a white-tan EB which is standard conforming to AKC and CKC but his nose is CKC specific.

My other EB, Angus, is neither AKC nor CKC. He is Amitola. He is a purebred English Bulldog but was specifically bred to correct several Club standards - he has the longer nose, the square stance (instead of the wide chest, small butt triangular shape of the AKC/CKC standard), and a smaller than standard size. His personality, though - smack dab English Bulldog. Angus is a black and red brindle - not an AKC nor CKC color standard. But, in my opinion, Angus is a better bred bulldog than the Club dogs.

In any case, a non-conforming EB doesn't necessarily mean your dog is from irresponsible breeders. You have to get to know the breeder before getting a dog, and if you breed dogs, make sure you're not just going for aesthetics but, more importantly, for health. But, of course, that's just my opinion on the matter.

Angus says Hi (well, he sleeps a lot these days, he's an old man at 11 years old).
angus sleep.jpg

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Okay, let me try to mediate this conversation. Might not help but it's only worth 2 cents.

What Cbrugs is referencing is the AKC Standard colors. Now, for those who believe that AKC is the end-all-be-all of EB standards (understandable as it is the most popular Club) then those are the colors of EB and everything else are "gimmicks".

There are, of course, other reputable Kennel Clubs like the CKC which is not as popular. People have been debating AKC vs CKC (and other Clubs) and that's well and good as they're all just trying to build good breed lines.

The 2 EBs that I've owned are not AKC. Bullie (pictured on my profile) is a CKC Bulldog. She has a longer nose than a standard AKC. The CKC standard specifically breeds for the longer nose as a correction to the AKC flat nose. The CKC color standard, though, are the same as AKC Colors. Bullie is a white-tan EB which is standard conforming to AKC and CKC but his nose is CKC specific.

My other EB, Angus, is neither AKC nor CKC. He is Amitola. He is a purebred English Bulldog but was specifically bred to correct several Club standards - he has the longer nose, the square stance (instead of the wide chest, small butt triangular shape of the AKC/CKC standard), and a smaller than standard size. His personality, though - smack dab English Bulldog. Angus is a black and red brindle - not an AKC nor CKC color standard. But, in my opinion, Angus is a better bred bulldog than the Club dogs.

In any case, a non-conforming EB doesn't necessarily mean your dog is from irresponsible breeders. You have to get to know the breeder before getting a dog, and if you breed dogs, make sure you're not just going for aesthetics but, more importantly, for health. But, of course, that's just my opinion on the matter.

Angus says Hi (well, he sleeps a lot these days, he's an old man at 11 years old).
View attachment 122508Thank you very much for your post I enjoyed it very much! & Angus is incredibly hansome!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.