Questioning her full bloodedness?

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
So I recently got this adorable little girl who I was told was a full English Bulldog. My husband questions if she is actually mixed with something as her snout is a bit longer and her head is more narrow than our boy bulldog, who very much looks like a bulldog. I just wanted to get the opinion of other EB owners out there on whether she looks like a full EB. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 1639655796290.jpg
    1639655796290.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211209_065133593.jpg
    IMG_20211209_065133593.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211207_203243186.jpg
    IMG_20211207_203243186.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
She looks like a bulldog to me. Her snout is not that long at all. Either way, she's adorabull.

OP
E

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
She looks like a bulldog to me. Her snout is not that long at all. Either way, she's adorabull.
Thanks for the reply. I think she is too but because our other bulldog has a really flat face, broad shoulders and big head, we might be comparing too much. Plus he is a boy and boys tend to be bigger from what I hear. 😊 This is our boy...

Attachments

• IMG_20211209_064252265.jpg
    IMG_20211209_064252265.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20211208_180145414.jpg
    IMG_20211208_180145414.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • Snapchat-2039008715.jpg
    Snapchat-2039008715.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 85

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Bulldogs 16.jpg

That is one happy looking bulldog. Tough looking squishy faced fella. Love him. Thank you.

reddog

May 20, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
chumley
So I recently got this adorable little girl who I was told was a full English Bulldog. My husband questions if she is actually mixed with something as her snout is a bit longer and her head is more narrow than our boy bulldog, who very much looks like a bulldog. I just wanted to get the opinion of other EB owners out there on whether she looks like a full EB. Thanks everyone!
while she is as cute as can be....she could have some Boston terrier in her bloodline due to the black coat and longer snout... goodwill bred Bulldogs are never black I would just enjoy this girl but would not breed her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They do go through and awkward stage… wait till about 18-20 months for a better idea of how they look full grown.

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I agree with the first comment she definitely looks EB to me but it's possible that she has OEB characteristics too. But she is a puppy and you will probably watch her Underbite become more and more prominent with each passing week lol! That is what our EB did Ill attache then and now pictures and he is now 1 yr and 3 months old. Shes is so beautiful by the way!! LOVE HER FACE!!
rocco baby#1.jpgrocco baby 1.jpgrocco chicklet teeth.jpgrocco microchip picture.jpgrocco watching tv.jpgrocco.jpg
I personally love this look the under bite is so awesome and gives such character but our Hemi who belongs to my mom and dad is completely different... & these two were from the same breeder... Not the same parents but same breeder so It just depends what is put together to get all the different looks...
Hemi boy.jpghemi naps.jpg

OP
E

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
I agree with the first comment she definitely looks EB to me but it's possible that she has OEB characteristics too. But she is a puppy and you will probably watch her Underbite become more and more prominent with each passing week lol! That is what our EB did Ill attache then and now pictures and he is now 1 yr and 3 months old. Shes is so beautiful by the way!! LOVE HER FACE!!
View attachment 122484View attachment 122485View attachment 122486View attachment 122487View attachment 122488View attachment 122489
I personally love this look the under bite is so awesome and gives such character but our Hemi who belongs to my mom and dad is completely different... & these two were from the same breeder... Not the same parents but same breeder so It just depends what is put together to get all the different looks...
View attachment 122490View attachment 122491
Thank you for the feedback...she is definitely getting that underbite for sure! She is now 6 months and while she still looks she could be OEB, it doesn't matter to me. She is still a weirdo. Just how I like them! I adore all bulldogs. Your babies are gorgeous by the way!! Oh my God, the faces....too precious!!

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Thank you for the feedback...she is definitely getting that underbite for sure! She is now 6 months and while she still looks she could be OEB, it doesn't matter to me. She is still a weirdo. Just how I like them! I adore all bulldogs. Your babies are gorgeous by the way!! Oh my God, the faces....too precious!!
They are Weirdos! I love them all to pieces too!! & Thank you! Our Rocco has improved our quality of life 10 fold especially with that side eye! They are so human!! LOVE THEM! Our Rocco looks just like his mama but she is Lilac and white and his dad was black seal trindle but he ended up just Black and white so he's black seal but is a tri color carrier. It's wild how different they all look!

OP
E

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
By the way I love the Side Eye!!! Our Rocco does that all the time!! LOL So Cute!! oh and here are the Color Charts... View attachment 122497View attachment 122498View attachment 122499
She has that black trindle coloring...mostly black with the white coming down in between her eyes and her chest and there is a tannish speckling throughout the black on her butt and back legs. Our boy, he is all white with brindle circles all over his body and butt lol. With the little corkscrew tails...ugh I love it! Haha. He was a surprise gift to me from my husband as he knew I have been wanting one for YEARS so he got one for me. He has been the BEST gift EVER!!! Besides my human kids, of course lol.

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
She has that black trindle coloring...mostly black with the white coming down in between her eyes and her chest and there is a tannish speckling throughout the black on her butt and back legs. Our boy, he is all white with brindle circles all over his body and butt lol. With the little corkscrew tails...ugh I love it! Haha. He was a surprise gift to me from my husband as he knew I have been wanting one for YEARS so he got one for me. He has been the BEST gift EVER!!! Besides my human kids, of course lol.
I couldn't agree with you more! Ours looked just like yours as a puppy even with that spot right on the top in the middle :heart: Soooo stinkin cute! Rocco was a gift to myself since I had only ever had rescues and I really wanted to be a bulldog mama from the start! So I got him while my husband was out of town... :sarcastic: but since they are so irresistible he fell in love as quickly as I did and now says I LOVE YOU more to Rocco than to me! LOL I love the longer snout look if you can call it that, Its more like I longer chin look :) Yours is just beautiful I love her! It makes me miss when ours was that little! & makes me want another one!! Then again they all make me want another one! LOL

OP
E

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
I couldn't agree with you more! Ours looked just like yours as a puppy even with that spot right on the top in the middle :heart: Soooo stinkin cute! Rocco was a gift to myself since I had only ever had rescues and I really wanted to be a bulldog mama from the start! So I got him while my husband was out of town... :sarcastic: but since they are so irresistible he fell in love as quickly as I did and now says I LOVE YOU more to Rocco than to me! LOL I love the longer snout look if you can call it that, Its more like I longer chin look :) Yours is just beautiful I love her! It makes me miss when ours was that little! & makes me want another one!! Then again they all make me want another one! LOL
Haha that's too funny! I say I love you to my dogs more than my husband. Especially my Gus (my white/brindle boy) Nyxie is the black and white one I have been inquiring about. Gus was supposed to be my dog but I think my husband loves him just as much because it was actually his idea to get Nyxie so we can breed them in hopes to make more little Gus's. If it were up to me, I'd have enough bulldogs to fill a room!! I don't think I could get a different breed now that I own bulldogs. They are simply the best dog for me. I love the attitude, the looks, the snuggles, just everything about them. The farts, snores and drools don't bother me one bit. Now that's love because we all know that bullies love to fart, drool and snore lol. We plan on keeping all the babies except 2. (Family members want one so I know they will go to good homes) so hopefully she only has maybe 4-5 puppies when the time comes (she is way too young now). But we shall see!!

OP
E

EBScorpiomom81

Dec 27, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus & Nyx
Haha that's too funny! I say I love you to my dogs more than my husband. Especially my Gus (my white/brindle boy) Nyxie is the black and white one I have been inquiring about. Gus was supposed to be my dog but I think my husband loves him just as much because it was actually his idea to get Nyxie so we can breed them in hopes to make more little Gus's. If it were up to me, I'd have enough bulldogs to fill a room!! I don't think I could get a different breed now that I own bulldogs. They are simply the best dog for me. I love the attitude, the looks, the snuggles, just everything about them. The farts, snores and drools don't bother me one bit. Now that's love because we all know that bullies love to fart, drool and snore lol. We plan on keeping all the babies except 2. (Family members want one so I know they will go to good homes) so hopefully she only has maybe 4-5 puppies when the time comes (she is way too young now). But we shall see!!
More photos of my bully babies

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_145257.jpg
    IMG_20220306_145257.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1641218185459.jpg
    1641218185459.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220112_085822_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220112_085822_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20220112_085728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220112_085728_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20220101_141119_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220101_141119_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20220225_134405.jpg
    IMG_20220225_134405.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 60

Roccomama78

Oct 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
That's Great! We had Rocco fixed early because we had no intention on Breeding him but Hemi isnt fixed and actually he was "expressed" lol yesterday for his Man Jam :sarcastic:... since he is 4 panels clear of any health issues and hes is Black seal Tri Trindle... (i think) lol None of that really matters to me I just LOve LoVE LoVe the Breed! Like you said, I can not imagine my life with out one OR 20 now! :heart:
:angelheart:I love the pictures of yours too!! I could spend hours just looking at pictures of EB's and OEB's and although I am not a fan the Fluffys crack me up! It amazes me how their under bite develops and they grow more skin than body as they get older. It just blows my mind! LOL but I am so grateful for it!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.