Puppy throwing up and diarrhea

sophiebell

Aug 2, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sophiebell
Th puppy I am watching threw up a ton of food right after her last meal and is having lots of diarrhea. She is 12 weeks old. I read not to give her any more food and only small amounts of water. Vet is already closed. How do I know if this is serious? I'm so worried that she ate something that is making her sick. When I take her outside to potty she eats everything. Sticks, leaves, bugs. I try to catch her and get it out of her mouth but I don't know if I got everything!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Th puppy I am watching threw up a ton of food right after her last meal and is having lots of diarrhea. She is 12 weeks old. I read not to give her any more food and only small amounts of water. Vet is already closed. How do I know if this is serious? I'm so worried that she ate something that is making her sick. When I take her outside to potty she eats everything. Sticks, leaves, bugs. I try to catch her and get it out of her mouth but I don't know if I got everything!!

Hi there. If she eats everything outside she probably ate some poop too. Poop will give them diarrhea n some throwing up their kibbles. She does need to drink so she doesn’t dehydrate or give her ice chips. Keep a close eye on her for tonight. If she’s not any better bring her to the vet. Pumpkin purée (100%pure) will help harden stools. This is the real pumpkin and NOT the one for pies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How is Sophie doing today?

OP
S

sophiebell

Aug 2, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sophiebell
She has seemed fine today!! I cut back on her food a little just in case. No vomiting and only pooped a little. I have been feeding her 3/4 cup of food in the morning, 1/2 cup at lunch, 3/4 at dinner. This was per the vet. Only gave her 1/2 that today. She is on the breeder dog food, purines puppy complete which I know is not good. Can I go ahead and start gradually changing her to the Fromm puppy grain free? That seems to be what everyone on here is using? Thank you to everyone for your interest and help!! I am truly grateful.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She has seemed fine today!! I cut back on her food a little just in case. No vomiting and only pooped a little. I have been feeding her 3/4 cup of food in the morning, 1/2 cup at lunch, 3/4 at dinner. This was per the vet. Only gave her 1/2 that today. She is on the breeder dog food, purines puppy complete which I know is not good. Can I go ahead and start gradually changing her to the Fromm puppy grain free? That seems to be what everyone on here is using? Thank you to everyone for your interest and help!! I am truly grateful.

Never thought I would say this cause purina is royal crap....but keep her a couple more days so she settles anything she could have or had. Then by all means....plz do get her off of the purina and switch her gradually to either Orijen for puppies which I find it’s the top quality for kibbles, or Fromm or Acana if it’s only kibbles you want to feed her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Agree with Helene... leave he settle from being sick and then maybe Sunday start ti switch her to the new food you choose... Orijen Acana Fromm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online