Puppy Limping

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Okay so i know I should be gronded for not checking in, as it has been awile since i have logged in. I know, I know, but I just noticed this evening that my baby Cash is favoring his back right leg. He is exactly 24 weeks old tomorrow. It is like he doesn't want to put pressure on it. I messaged it and felt all over and he doesn't act like he is in pain or squirm or anything, but still he is out right limping when I call him to come. I also checked his paw, and I don't see any swelling at all. At first I thought maybe his leg was asleep. He is currently asleep right now. I am worried.

Cash's Mommy, Allison

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sure you're very worried. It could be a lot of things..some serious and some not. The only thing to do is take him to the vet. They can do Xrays and whatever tests are needed. In the meantime..it's good to just try and stay calm and keep
him from overexerting and putting more stress on his leg. Please let us know. And no worries about not checking in...real life happens. We are here and hope Cash is okay. :hug:

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Yeah, Thanks so much! I am going to pray that it is something minor, but you just never know. When I get back from the vet tomorrow I will make sure I post an update. Thanks again! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said! Hope it turns out to just be something minor!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2593]asimpson[/MENTION].... I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], it could be a number of things. Try to keep him and yourself calm and see how he is in the morning. If still favoring/limping take call your vet and get him checked out.

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
We are leaving in about 15 min to go to the vet. This morning he is not nearly as bad as he was last night. He is putting pressure on it, and it doesn't seem as bad, but still limping.
I will give everyone an update as soon as I get back from the vet. I pray it is just growing pains.

Bully Ma

Oct 11, 2011
Massachusetts
Bulldog(s) Names
Lamb Chop
Is he a hyperactive puppy? He might have injured or torn his cruciate ligament. Or it could be another thing like his knee cap sliping out of place. Try to restrict his activity and do leash walks only. Dont let him run around on it. Best of luck and please keep us posted! Give him a hug for me!

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
The vet gave me someanti-inflammatory medicine (Rimadyl 75mg) and instructed me to give Cash a half a tablet every twelve hours. The vet believes that Cash could have a sprain in his knee. He examined both knees and said that he has elasiticy is both knees. On Monday I will be getting a call from his vet to see if he is still limping. If the limping has not improved or seems worse, then I will take him back and have X-Rays done. Cash has started to put more pressure on the leg everytime he gets up to eat/drink and go to the bathroom. The plan is to give Cash his medicine and pray it is not the alternative which is a torn ACL. I will continue to give Cash his medicine and hope it isn’t his ACL.I will be spending all day with my baby tomorrow, pampering him to the fullest. I wish I could trade him places.:bully:

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Is he a hyperactive puppy? He might have injured or torn his cruciate ligament. Or it could be another thing like his knee cap sliping out of place. Try to restrict his activity and do leash walks only. Dont let him run around on it. Best of luck and please keep us posted! Give him a hug for me!

He was pretty hyperactive during the day and then that night he was carrying his back foot and didn't want to put any pressure on it what so ever. Today he has been doing much better and I have been keeping him quiet all day and he is sleeping alot from the anti-inflamatory that the vet has instructed me to give him. I will most definately give him a hug from you! Thanks for your sweet comments and suggestions.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks for the update! You'd be surprised how many folks post frantic my-dog-is-sick messages and then don't update. That's hard on us addicts around here. *snork*

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yes thanks for the update and we will be praying its nothing and will heal up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad to hear he is doing better and hope he keeps improving. I would just keep a close eye out for side affects from the Rimadyl, it can be very hard on their system.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.