Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

My Bongo passed 7 months ago just got a new puppie Frankie. Heā€™s on RC from the breeder tried to put him over to N&D then he started regurgitating and had diareah.
The only change was the food took him to the vet negative for megaesophagus, negative for parvovirus X-rays showed no abnormalities in his insides.
Stopped the N&D max puppy went back to RC and heā€™s getting better WTF? RC is crap I know but gun shy to change him now, thoughts?
Weā€™re feeding him 1/2 cup 3times a day which seems like a lot heā€™s 9 weeks old.
He has energy but heā€™s also sleeping a ton is this normal I canā€™t remember when Bongo was a pup. Also fed him a new treat thatā€™s all lamb stopped that to.

Attachments

• 3AC18C87-1A91-4D48-8155-40E2B61AB681.jpeg
    3AC18C87-1A91-4D48-8155-40E2B61AB681.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
TC is crapā€¦ Whatā€™s N&D?

Regurgitating and diarrhea was because his system was getting off RC which is normal. Itā€™s an adjustment. Did you do a transition or took him off cold turkey?

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
TC is crapā€¦ Whatā€™s N&D?

Regurgitating and diarrhea was because his system was getting off RC which is normal. Itā€™s an adjustment. Did you do a transition or took him off cold turkey?
Transitioned this is a pic of the N&D really high end. This was not normal regurgitation and projectile diareah see pic. .

Attachments

• B62D06E6-88D4-40F5-89AA-4585852C1D31.jpeg
    B62D06E6-88D4-40F5-89AA-4585852C1D31.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi All,

My Bongo passed 7 months ago just got a new puppie Frankie. Heā€™s on RC from the breeder tried to put him over to N&D then he started regurgitating and had diareah.
The only change was the food took him to the vet negative for megaesophagus, negative for parvovirus X-rays showed no abnormalities in his insides.
Stopped the N&D max puppy went back to RC and heā€™s getting better WTF? RC is crap I know but gun shy to change him now, thoughts?
Weā€™re feeding him 1/2 cup 3times a day which seems like a lot heā€™s 9 weeks old.
He has energy but heā€™s also sleeping a ton is this normal I canā€™t remember when Bongo was a pup. Also fed him a new treat thatā€™s all lamb stopped that to.
I highly recommend getting off RC, all fillers and cause more health issues!

Which formula of N&D were you giving him??

Did you transition slowly or did you take him off it cold Turkey?

How long was he on the ND food??

Which protein did you transition to on ND?

Was it their Pumpkin line? Or was it the ā€˜ancient grains lineā€™ OR was it the skin and coat Quinoa line?

I ask these questions cause he could be sensitive to a certain formula OR you might just have to gradually switch him off the RC and to the ND over 7-10 days.

Like start with 1/4 of the food amount is ND and rest is RC crap, then a couple days later, do 1/2 daily amount of RC and other 1/2 ND, then 2 days later 3/4 of daily amount ND remaining RC and 2 days later, Fully off RC.

It can definitely cause digestion issues if you feed them low quality food like RC then give them high quality food.

Maybe try giving probiotics during the transition. Or pumpkin.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Transitioned this is a pic of the N&D really high end. This was not normal regurgitation and projectile diareah see pic. .

Since RC is chicken based, maybe try the Chicken version of the photo so itā€™s the same protein while your transitioning him, then after he is fully on the ND try the lamb or the fish OR the Boar.

His stomach is adjusting to the high quality food cause he is eating fillers/garbage.

Try adding probiotics and transition slowly.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
If he for some reason canā€™t have the ND, other good kibble is:

Carna 4- this is oven baked nuggets not really considered kibble but it has pre and probiotics in it and no added vitamins minerals which is great.
This is the most easiest to digest.

These are even more premium, the ND is the 3rd best kibble, the first best is Carna 4 and second is Natures logic, next is ND which is still very good, but it does have added vitamins minerals which can sometimes be problematic.

Natures Logic-no synthetic vitamins.

Both these options are super easy to digest and are available in Canada too.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
I highly recommend getting off RC, all fillers and cause more health issues!

Which formula of N&D were you giving him??

Did you transition slowly or did you take him off it cold Turkey?

How long was he on the ND food??

Which protein did you transition to on ND?

Was it their Pumpkin line? Or was it the ā€˜ancient grains lineā€™ OR was it the skin and coat Quinoa line?

I ask these questions cause he could be sensitive to a certain formula OR you might just have to gradually switch him off the RC and to the ND over 7-10 days.

Like start with 1/4 of the food amount is ND and rest is RC crap, then a couple days later, do 1/2 daily amount of RC and other 1/2 ND, then 2 days later 3/4 of daily amount ND remaining RC and 2 days later, Fully off RC.

It can definitely cause digestion issues if you feed them low quality food like RC then give them high quality food.

Maybe try giving probiotics during the transition. Or pumpkin.
This is it and I was transitioning really slow only got to day 2 when this all happen. See pick of the N&D.

Attachments

• 941984FD-6BB2-4747-ABA9-FD385AC54E52.jpeg
    941984FD-6BB2-4747-ABA9-FD385AC54E52.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
While RC is crap food, you could try and wait a couple weeks to change him over if you just got him. He might need some time to adjust to everything that is new to him. When you took him to the vet, did they test for parasites? Parasites can be very common with puppies.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
While RC is crap food, you could try and wait a couple weeks to change him over if you just got him. He might need some time to adjust to everything that is new to him. When you took him to the vet, did they test for parasites? Parasites can be very common with puppies.
Agreed great advice this is what we decided. I know RC is crap and people that chimed in were worried more about what Iā€™m feeding him rather that his health on the transition. I will get him off RC but I donā€™t want him to die while Iā€™m transitioning.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
This is it and I was transitioning really slow only got to day 2 when this all happen. See pick of the N&D.

Maybe wait a couple weeks and then slowly transition to a better quality food, maybe the ND doesnā€™t agree with him for some reason.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Agreed great advice this is what we decided. I know RC is crap and people that chimed in were worried more about what Iā€™m feeding him rather that his health on the transition. I will get him off RC but I donā€™t want him to die while Iā€™m transitioning.
If you keep him on RC for a few weeks, it will not be the end of the world. Puppies can get stressed when they leave their mom and littermates and go to a new home. There is a transition period for them to adjust to their new life. My two girls eat Open Farm with Ancient Grains and they both do well on it. It is based in Canada.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Fbjdd - agree with Citty - wait a few weeks, let him settle in and try a new food once he is comfortable in his new home.

Members online

No members online now.