Prepared foods delivered

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Pebbles has the rope black gunk constantly. I clean, tried bully paste, desatin, etc

I was thinking of trying a fresh food delivery like farmers dog or Nom Nom.

Anyone else here using any of these?

If so, opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
In Canada I never seen them brand. But raw will definitely help. Up the probiotics as you already know. Find that green smelly tripe or top kibbles or meals with raw liver/organs till your order comes in.

Black gunk is better than the slimy red/yellowy one. I had that issue when I got Jake a few yrs back. The only thing that worked was Bag Balm or. NuStock. Those are 2 ā€œmustā€ you need to have in the house. The BB is the one with udders on the can not the others they make.

https://www.ukalcanada.com/en/teat-...Vk4W4TzpNLXG81QYLYOWPVD3nrwS-omRoCR_oQAvD_BwE

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks

Seems like this stuff may work on clearing up but what is causing the problem.

There must be a root cause.

BTW this is prepared cooked food, not raw.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks

Seems like this stuff may work on clearing up but what is causing the problem.

There must be a root cause.

BTW this is prepared cooked food, not raw.

See I havenā€™t seen it loll

I use to cook for Nyala as a pup. She sure thrived. So check the sodium in that food youā€™re looking at. Also what kid of fat. Like if itā€™s from example chicken fat itā€™s not good as itā€™s cooked. Any fat thatā€™s cooked isnā€™t great. Keep an eye on that :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not tried either of them as I use a local supplier for frozen raw.
I have the same issue with Lambeau, red/yellow gunk in the afternoonsā€¦ freakin environmental allergies.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Just ordered the farmers dog prepared food. Iā€™ll see how it goes after a few months.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Too Early to tell if this food will change any nose Rope problems but
I can say the food Looks and smells great.

She loves the food.

Of course sheā€™d probably eat rocks if they were put in her bowl.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

She loves the food.

Fingers crossed!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

She loves the food.

Donā€™t forget, itā€™s ā€œherā€ food! :D

Superclyde911

Mar 22, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. T
I've come to the conclusion, albeit reluctantly, that there is no magic potion to solve the bulldog medical/health/well-being mysteries. issues arise from environmental, biological, nutrition, etc. While you may try any number of options which have worked for others - the fact is that without a thorough work-up by a trained medical professional you would only be throwing a dart sight unseen; you may succeed at pinpointing the solution or not.

Good Luck in your Bulldog Journey.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This isnā€™t a health issue but a food issue. Yeast, gunk, tear stairs is mostly linked to food. Unless a dog is on regular or heavy meds, they can develop yeast n gunk. Sadly it will take time to figure out what to eliminate thatā€™s bothering the dog. Its not just in EB, food allergies is in a lot of different breeds. We only see EB with issue cause itā€™s an EB forum. Iā€™ve seen a lot of different breeds with skin issues, allergies etcā€¦ Why I always say rotating their protein as puppy stage is crucial. They build a strong immune system for their future. :)

chauncey_pancakes

Apr 20, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chauncey
We have been using The Farmers Dog since Feb 2022 and i have noticed instant results. My dog has lost 5 pounds so far and is now excited about food. His GI/stool has improved and his energy is up. The biggest benefit has got to the the allergies. His dry eye has improved by over 75% IMO and skin, paws, ears have been great. This this was our absolutely last option due to the $$, but noticed results within 2 to 3 days.

We have tried every store brand & holistic brand dry and wet food, he is 12 years old. We've seen a dermatologist, allergist, ER Visits, injections, and allergy medications such as Apoquel over several years. All of which has helped but the side effects/cost/results did not work out for us. We have ruled out neurological conditions from seizures, kidney/liver disease, blood disease etc. with little insight. I will say that diet and these two things have greatly changed the quality of life for my dog:

1. Dental check up revealed infected teeth that were inflaming his sinuses and severely exacerbating his allergies. The Extraction and regular dental cleanings have CHANGED HIS LIFE. The very next day after his extraction he was noticeably better. This year we have decided not to undergo sedated dental cleaning unless it is absolutely necessary due to his age so we've upped his home cleanings (try using a waterpik!).

2. Find good quality supplements. We use Prudence Hip and Joint High Potency Soft chews and Vet's Best Allergy chews which contains sea kelp. No slouchy hips here! Ask your local holistic dog feed store team they helped me with references on food brand and local vets that specialize in certain breeds.

I have also gotten him an elevated angled feeding bowl and have spread his feedings out to 3 to 4 times a day to avoid low blood sugar (another GI trigger) / bloating / aspiration.

Wishing you the best for your pal!

Last edited:

Bellearell

Sep 1, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Siversun
Wow thanks for this post. I have many of the same issues with a rescue Iā€™ve had for 5 years. I am certain she was crated 24/7 because she was like a 4 year old puppy (vet approximate age): ears like powder inside and her paw pads were like jelly bags!
I donā€™t like giving dry food but sheā€™s on a controlled prescription diet for gastrointestinal (diarrhea). Seemed to help originally but now itā€™s very runny again. Sheā€™s also on Apaquel.
She started the dark staining only 2 years ago. She licks a lot and now licks the leather couches. Tears stains are heavy (getting eye surgery when cleared) and her nose rope is almost always infected now.
Have an appointment next week. Iā€™ve cooked food for her, changed diets etc. and am at a loss on next steps. I am certain her symptoms are allergy related over time probably due to a lack of immune system weakness from being crated for years.
Any thoughts anyone?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow thanks for this post. I have many of the same issues with a rescue Iā€™ve had for 5 years. I am certain she was crated 24/7 because she was like a 4 year old puppy (vet approximate age): ears like powder inside and her paw pads were like jelly bags!
I donā€™t like giving dry food but sheā€™s on a controlled prescription diet for gastrointestinal (diarrhea). Seemed to help originally but now itā€™s very runny again. Sheā€™s also on Apaquel.
She started the dark staining only 2 years ago. She licks a lot and now licks the leather couches. Tears stains are heavy (getting eye surgery when cleared) and her nose rope is almost always infected now.
Have an appointment next week. Iā€™ve cooked food for her, changed diets etc. and am at a loss on next steps. I am certain her symptoms are allergy related over time probably due to a lack of immune system weakness from being crated for years.
Any thoughts anyone?
Thank you for rescuing herā€¦. It may be the food , those vet prescribed foods are not nutritious nd are mostly fillers/crap. Look for a high quality kibble or raw, star with a turkey or duck base single protein. Zingnature, Acana, Orijen, Open Farm, are a few to check out

Members online