Potty in the house

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Red is 9 1/2 years old. He has a a l tear in both knees on back legs and some nerve issues in the backend.
Iā€™m having problems getting him to go outside to go to the bathroom. He will stand and stair out the door to the yard but by the time he needs to go to the bathroom itā€™s to late. He walks as he pees and poops. He is on Carprofen with 100mg of Gabapentin in the morning and another Gabapentin at night. I donā€™t know what to do. Anyone else have these problems? Would appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you
Sue

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Red is 9 1/2 years old. He has a a l tear in both knees on back legs and some nerve issues in the backend.
Iā€™m having problems getting him to go outside to go to the bathroom. He will stand and stair out the door to the yard but by the time he needs to go to the bathroom itā€™s to late. He walks as he pees and poops. He is on Carprofen with 100mg of Gabapentin in the morning and another Gabapentin at night. I donā€™t know what to do. Anyone else have these problems? Would appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you
Sue

Maybe some of the medications he is on can be causing this.

When you see him walk over to the back door maybe if you can go follow him over to the door immediately so he doesnā€™t have to wait and have Time to stand there looking Out the door.

Or if you can keep track of when he normally needs to go out, if you can take him outside BEFORE he would have a chance to walk over to the door at his normal time.
Like even if he is laying down or playing, if itā€™s around the times he needs outside usually, say ā€œletā€™s go outsideā€ or something and take him out ahead of time so he can do everything outside.

But I definitely would think those medications can cause this as a side effect.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would buy him a doggie sling(look on Amazon) and take him out myself. You probably know or see signs of when he has to go, and put it on and take him out. There are many types of them available.

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Thank you. I have tried the diapers for peeing and he takes them off. Part of my issue is this happens at night or during the day when Iā€™m at work. I do try to get him outside at the times I know he has to go but sometimes I canā€™t get him to go. Only option is to try picking him up which can be hard. I will look into the sling
Thank you for responding

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.