Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well Mr Chunky got a little excited late saturday night and hurt his back leg. I took him to the vet today and they did an X-ray which didn't show any broken bones but did show some arthitis in the leg. He would not allow them to check his leg for range of motion and they did not want to sedate him. He's on pain meds and muscle relaxer for a week and we will follow up if he's not doing better by then. I have limited the area he can travel in the house until he's better and turned all the furniture around so he cannot get on the couch or chair if he decides he's feeling better. He has favored this same leg a few times in the past but has always seemed to be better within a day or so. He felt good enough to run up to the vet assistant while still on lead so I have some hope for a recovery without surgery. He seems to do better with it once he's moved around some but I am still limiting his movements

I hope all is well with you all!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dear [MENTION=12646]CHUNK[/MENTION]yWhite pawly.jpg Hope you feel better real soon!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Poor guy, you are doing the right thing by limiting his movement. Hope he feels better soon. According to [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] rubbing frankincense on it will fix whatever is wrong. She can comment when she reads what I wrote.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hope it's a simple fix... well, nothing is simple with these guys, keeping them down is NOT easy, but hope it's nothing more needed than calm.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He's laid around most of the day except to eat or use the bathroom. He limped outside the last time to pee but somehow felt like running to get back inside where he dozed back off within a minute or so. These dogs are something else

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He's laid around most of the day except to eat or use the bathroom. He limped outside the last time to pee but somehow felt like running to get back inside where he dozed back off within a minute or so. These dogs are something else

A few weeks ago Nyala too was limping front leg. Absolutely for no reason as she woke up limping. I think Jake slept on her leg. What like [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] said I put straight frankincense morning n night. Took a couple days it disappeared. Also gave her a baby aspirin 2nd day but before her bedtime. But since yours is on muscle relaxant just us the frankincense. Nyala isnā€™t a jumper but a climber. That kind of helped her. Jakeā€™s a jumper if it was him he would be in the kennel locked up... but overall the 3rd day she was fine. I didnā€™t walk her either for a week.

Btw once in a while my shoulder will get sore after lifting very heavy stuff. Arthritis.... Next day I pay for it... I use straight frankincense n the pain disappears. Itā€™s the only thing thatā€™s natural that will get rid of my pain.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We hope Chunky will soon feel better!

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Gabe does that once in awhile with his left rear leg. He doesn't put a lot of weight on it and does limp a little and then some time later he's fine. He's a little slow getting started when he gets up or out of his kennel, but once he's going it seems to be ok. We had our vet look at it and like Chunky, Gabe wouldn't co-operate with the doc without being sedated. He did give him some pain killers and anti inflamatory pills to take. It helped but he still favors that leg sometimes. I'm going to try that Frankincense stuff. Where can I purchase that at? We all here hope that the Chunkster gets better soon.

Charlie and Gabe2.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh bummer... Walter had an issue last summer when family was here, and they didn't realize that EBD jumping in the air wasn't a great idea :ohmy: The vet put him on restricted activity, and muscle relaxers for a couple of weeks and eventually he was fine. HOPEFULLY Chunky just needs a time out... Lol

Otherwise, I hope all is well w/you my friend!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sorry to hear Chunky!

Jax and Ella both recently had their own limping issues so I started to add turmeric paste into their regimen twice a day along with green lipped mussel powder, cbd oil and bone broth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Gabe does that once in awhile with his left rear leg. He doesn't put a lot of weight on it and does limp a little and then some time later he's fine. He's a little slow getting started when he gets up or out of his kennel, but once he's going it seems to be ok. We had our vet look at it and like Chunky, Gabe wouldn't co-operate with the doc without being sedated. He did give him some pain killers and anti inflamatory pills to take. It helped but he still favors that leg sometimes. I'm going to try that Frankincense stuff. Where can I purchase that at? We all here hope that the Chunkster gets better soon.

View attachment 119315

You need a quality on like DoTerra or Young Living.. DoTerra is less expensive check the bottle size n then the prices...

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Thanks for all of the replies. He is walking somewhat normal now but I am still going to keep him on anti-inflammatory and pain meds until the bottles are empty to keep him calm. We almost had a bad accident earlier because I took him with me to get drive-thru dinner and he jumped out of my SUV when I opened his door. I caught him by the handle on his harness and barely got the other hand under his belly before he hit the ground. Of course he looked at me like "why did you do that"

I normally help him out every time but he's feeling better I guess :whew:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sorry to hear Chunky!

Jax and Ella both recently had their own limping issues so I started to add turmeric paste into their regimen twice a day along with green lipped mussel powder, cbd oil and bone broth.

Have you ever tried rubbing on a CBD cream ? I wonder how it compares.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Have you ever tried rubbing on a CBD cream ? I wonder how it compares.

I have not, never thought of it. Might be good to try.
Jax has been getting the CBD oil ever since his first IVDD surgery. The vet thought his limping could possibly be the onset of arthritis. So then I started adding in turmeric paste and he hasnā€™t been limping. So not sure if he just strained a muscle or the turmeric paste is helping. Ellaā€™s limping was diagnosed as growing pains. Started her on the GLM powder, turmeric paste and CBD oil and she hasnā€™t been limping recently either.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The turmeric paste is fantastic ! My wife's 13 yr old chihuahua just passed away, and she just started giving it to her in her last 3 months and she became much sprightlier with it. As I previously mentioned, it even killed a squirrel that dared to invade the yard a few months ago.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.