DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley is at his veterinarian's right now getting x-rays of his knee. He's had problems on and off for a couple of weeks...so off we went this morning. They give him a bit of a tranquilizer and are going to x-ray his knee...I feel sick. I hope it's nothing and Mommy is wrong and just a little panicky...but the fact that the vet suggested it -- he who is never panicky and knows his bullies! -- made me think it was the thing to do. He's only gone for a little while today, but geez, the house feels so empty without him!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:hissy2: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...not our handsome Dudley :eek:

Praying right now Dudley checks out fine~GOD bless!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sending lots of prayers to you and sweet Dudley. Let us know how it goes.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no npt Dudley!! I hope it turns out to be nothing. I will be thinking of you guys. Please update as soon as you can.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dudley! Hope it is nothing serious. He is a tough-guy, whatever it is, he will handle it! Stay strong, Mom!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Poor boy xx i hope is nothing serious ;-(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
oh no! :ohmy: I pray that he just pulled something and will be ok, poor baby.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hopefully is nothing too serious, Kathleen. Do let us know what the vet says and hoping it's good news.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO!!! Not our Dudley :( Sending prayers & hugs to you Kathleen, please keep up posted!!! Hopefully it's nothing serious...

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My poor Duddles give him loves from Auntie Jenny! Sending prayers for Dudley and you please keep us updated on what's going on!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone - you guys are the best. So...good news/bad news on the Dudley front. Good news - his knee is stable and the vet (I love his vet) doesn't think it's torn...most likely a sprain. He said to keep him quiet for 10 days!! YIKES. The sort of bad news is that he has his displaysia. Something I've sort of wondered when I watch him run - I notice it's more a jack rabbit look! Dr. Heller says he is not in any pain, though, but of course it is degenerative. He said to get him on glucosomine/chondroitin and fish oil. He was glad to hear that Dudley is on both. Actually, I have him on coconut oil - I took him off the salmon oil because I thought it was making him a little itchy. The doctor said in order to get the anti-inflammatory benefits you need a 5:1 ratio of plant to fish oil. So...adding back the salmon oil! I'll do anything. He said he really wouldn't recommend surgery at this point. I hope that's the right thing to do. I trust this guy...Dudley isn't in pain and I hate the thought of putting him through surgery if it's not really necessary...Mommy has a HUGE headache and Dudley is asleep right now...so stinking cute. A couple of pictures...the one is really dark.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well glad his knee is ok, but bummer on the hip issue. I think the vet is right and don't do the surgery if it's not needed now.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good news on the knee, sux about the hip! Vegas sprained his leg a few months back and I had to keep him quiet for a week. I found that putting empty laundry baskets on the furniture kept him from jumping up on the couches.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm happy he didn't tear anything, that's really good news!! I'm sorry to hear about the hip but it sounds like you have a really good doctor that knows what he's doing.

I love that first pic, he is just such a cute little man!!

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news on the knee, sux about the hip! Vegas sprained his leg a few months back and I had to keep him quiet for a week. I found that putting empty laundry baskets on the furniture kept him from jumping up on the couches.

Great idea! Thank you!

Most Reactions