Porkchop has passed

Lucyciocia

Aug 19, 2016
Brooklyn ny
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Yesterday I made the hardest decision of my life, to take Pork to the vet to put him at ease. He turned 13 years old last month. He had been gradually struggling to walk for about 4 years due to nerve damage in his back. The last month was the worst as his back right leg finally weakened. He had gone blind in the left eye, mostly deaf in the last few months. Over the holiday weekend, he would stand in the middle of the living room and bark...at nothing. If I sat on the floor next to him, he would lick my leg for over an hour. No longer would he sleep on the sofa and wouldn't stay in my bed for more than a few hours at night. Something was wrong when he refused his ice creams and yogurt snacks. My gregarious little man. Never met a person he didn't like. Never met a Yorkie that he did like. Loved going around the neighborhood in his stroller, scanning for people or squirrels. Riding in the car, ecstatic if we got McDonald French fries (He wouldn't eat Burger King fries.) I am humbly grateful to the staff at the vet's office for their kindness and sympathy. Porkchop was known to all as "The Bulldog in the Buggy". As he laid on the table, it was as if he looked at me and said "It's okay, Mom. It's time to let me go." I woke up from a short nap today and my eyes went right to his bed, that is no longer there. The pee pad no longer at the patio door. I don't know what to do with myself right now. Yet I know he's at peace. RIP Porkchop.
I am so so sorry for your loss. May porkchop rip. xoxo

cgris

Feb 21, 2020
Texas
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Yesterday I made the hardest decision of my life, to take Pork to the vet to put him at ease. He turned 13 years old last month. He had been gradually struggling to walk for about 4 years due to nerve damage in his back. The last month was the worst as his back right leg finally weakened. He had gone blind in the left eye, mostly deaf in the last few months. Over the holiday weekend, he would stand in the middle of the living room and bark...at nothing. If I sat on the floor next to him, he would lick my leg for over an hour. No longer would he sleep on the sofa and wouldn't stay in my bed for more than a few hours at night. Something was wrong when he refused his ice creams and yogurt snacks. My gregarious little man. Never met a person he didn't like. Never met a Yorkie that he did like. Loved going around the neighborhood in his stroller, scanning for people or squirrels. Riding in the car, ecstatic if we got McDonald French fries (He wouldn't eat Burger King fries.) I am humbly grateful to the staff at the vet's office for their kindness and sympathy. Porkchop was known to all as "The Bulldog in the Buggy". As he laid on the table, it was as if he looked at me and said "It's okay, Mom. It's time to let me go." I woke up from a short nap today and my eyes went right to his bed, that is no longer there. The pee pad no longer at the patio door. I don't know what to do with myself right now. Yet I know he's at peace. RIP Porkchop.
My prayers go out to you, I know that this is the hardest thing you could do, but know that he is in a better place watching over you.

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy
I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest easy sweet Porkchop 🌈🐾💔

Tanksmama

Oct 26, 2019
Texas
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I am so sorry. He was so lucky to have been loved all his life by you. He will be waiting for you. 🌈

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am just reading this, so sorry for my delay. I am beyond sorry for the loss of Porkchop!!!! I pray that memories, over time, help to heal your heart.

Sending big, bully hugs!!!

Sue and Joey

Pearlygirl

Sep 15, 2021
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pearl….and Rambo
My heart is breaking for you……please take good care of yourself as you grieve

Tlischinger

May 31, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Diezel
I'm so sorry for your loss of Porkchop. Making that decision is the hardest thing, but as someone else has mentioned it eases their pain and gives them & us the opportunity to say goodbye peacefully and surrounded with love. It will be difficult going forward as the memories throughout the days, weeks and even years bring on the emotions...just be grateful for them and the time you had with Porkchop. And when the time is right for you....maybe you will find another bully to share you life/love with. RIP Porkchop

bulldogmom420

Jun 7, 2022
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
what a beautiful boy, you can see what a happy, great life he had with you in those photos. sending you so much love ❤️

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest well sweet Porkchop… you were hugely loved and cared for. hugs and prayers to you for healing… the pain and missing them never stops, it your tears will turn to heart warming memories in time.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie and I are late to the party, but send our best to you during this time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online