Poop Eater

sonia92672

Mar 16, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hello!

My EBD Biggie is now 7 months. This man eats his own poop. I have tried over the counter supplements, pumpkin to get him to stop and I have been unsuccessful. When he is loose in the house and I am watching him he will not eat it because I move him quickly away from it. At night he sleeps in his area and he poops and eats it. Itā€™s horrible-he will burp in your face and it smells like poop.

What can I do what else can I try to get this to stop. Itā€™s disgusting and I have never experienced this with a dog. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® please help!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello!

My EBD Biggie is now 7 months. This man eats his own poop. I have tried over the counter supplements, pumpkin to get him to stop and I have been unsuccessful. When he is loose in the house and I am watching him he will not eat it because I move him quickly away from it. At night he sleeps in his area and he poops and eats it. Itā€™s horrible-he will burp in your face and it smells like poop.

What can I do what else can I try to get this to stop. Itā€™s disgusting and I have never experienced this with a dog. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® please help!

Yes definitely thatā€™s a gross habit!

One of my dogs used to do that, she would eat it immediately after she went, she did this for a long time every day, no matter how quick I pick it up, she would run and take it out of the poop scoop, disgusting!

It was a result of low quality food, cause the dog is lacking something and they crave it and eat the poop.

Since we switched her to better quality food, she hasnā€™t done it since! Been over a year since she last did that.

She actually will go and then she will leave it and come right inside and we will see it outside not touched. Iā€™m very glad that the food made the difference and put a end finally to this gross habit(she is 7 years, so for the first 6 years she would eat it no matter what).

What are you feeding him?

Itā€™s best to nip it in the but while he is a pup and make changes to his food(if you can) depending on what he is on and see if it improves.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello!

As mentioned... it could be because of low quality food and he still smells the "food" in the poo.

There is an article on it. I'll try to find and post a link here.

Last edited:

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
I started a thread on this very same topic a few years ago, here

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.