Please help!!

LolaLover

Oct 24, 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
Does anyone know what this potentially could be? We took Lola in on last thursday and the vet really couldnā€™t figure out what it could be. She did a rectal exam, and took fluid off but said it only looked like blood. We are taking her back in today for another opinion. I donā€™t know if it could be an abscess or tumoršŸ¤·šŸ¼*ā™€ļø. It is swollen, red and very hard. Does anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 213

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Might be an inflamed anal gland. Vet will likely attempt to express(and if they do, leave the room before hand). Vet will prescribe antibiotics. Vet will spray something on and around the bully booty to cancel out stink.

OTOH, it could be the beginnings of a hot spot from her rubbing her booty on anything she can back up to. That will respond well to Betagen, Genesis, or similar...but may need to be shaved.

...an otherwise cute booty!

OP
LolaLover

LolaLover

Oct 24, 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
I thought it may be something with her anal glands too, but the vet did a rectal exam and never mentioned that or putting her on antibiotics, which I thought they would. Iā€™m leaning towards that too though. Thanks for the input, I will mention that to the vet today!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6528]LolaLover[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] (who knows alot!:yes:) that it looks like an impacted anal gland. I've had this happen over the years with "hairy " dogs-not noticed! If it is that, it will burst open eventually. If it is that, and your vet couldn't identify it, get a new vet! May need to be drained, and antibiotics given. It could possibly be something else, but does look like anal.......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I thought it may be something with her anal glands too, but the vet did a rectal exam and never mentioned that or putting her on antibiotics, which I thought they would. Iā€™m leaning towards that too though. Thanks for the input, I will mention that to the vet today!

Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.