Please help me choose the best insurance for my English Bulldog puppies

AmberVesta

May 11, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber, Vesta
Hello everybody!
I've brought home two lovely English Bulldog puppies. I know that they are very predisposed to have many health problems as they age if not taken care of properly. I would like to get insurance for them in case of injury, illness, accident, etc. I would be grateful if you could share tips on which insurance is the best but not insanely expensive. Thank you.
UPD: Thank you for your answers. I read more about the insurance but I will investigate this issue even more thoroughly before making a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't use pet insurance... I won't go into the full details, but just some FYI. IF they have ANY pre-existing conditions, the insurance companies WILL back out of payments. I had an insurance company's pre-approval for a surgery, and based on a vet's comment in their medical records (regarding the breed) they backed out of payment. I didn't bother trying to sue...

I just keep money in savings for emergencies... IMO that is the best option.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everybody!
I've brought home two lovely English Bulldog puppies. I know that they are very predisposed to have many health problems as they age if not taken care of properly. I would like to get insurance for them in case of injury, illness, accident, etc. I would be grateful if you could share tips on which insurance is the best but not insanely expensive. Thank you.

I donā€™t have insurances but a credit card just for them. This breed can definitely have issues but if you start them off right since theyā€™re pups, they will be find. The biggest problem is what people feed them. Itā€™s totally like humans, you are what you eat. No difference than any other dog but with a breathing issue. You want a healthy dog, start them on a raw diet, clean their folds on daily basis n dry them well, exercise everyday n especially watch the temperature outside. All dogs can have allergies, joint issues, yeast etc but if you start them off right, they will live a normal life. The credit card I used it 2x in 3yrs. One for a watery eye n a vasectomy. So definitely not worth giving a monthly payment like an insurance.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We have a dedicated savings account that we add to every month, rain or shine. We had insurance for our dachshund and used it once for a few dollars back, also the premiums kept going up. 3 years of wasted premiums so now we self insure. If it is not needed as with our dachshund who is now 11, that money stays in your account! You have to be disciplined though, just forget it's there and no borrowing!!!

Mechadogzilla

Nov 15, 2020
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo(English Bulldog) and Hans(Rottweiler)
I just responded on another thread about my terrible time with Nationwide when my Frenchie had cancer. I have been contemplating getting insurance, but I really agree with the three posts above mine - I will just set aside the money and use when needed for emergencies. I had paid high premiums for my Frenchies and still had to pay entire cancer treatment.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I think your on the right track. I tried Embrace and Nationwide..
embrace was the worst, nationwide not so bad so far for me but not sure itā€™s really worth it. Been discussing the same, just cancelling and doing a separate account for their care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have Nationwide whole pet with wellness on my Frenchie and Iā€™m glad I do! Over the years Iā€™ve incurred over $20,000 on MRIā€™s, surgeries, laser therapy, acupuncture, etc. and theyā€™ve paid out 90% of costs. I have their major medical on Louie, bulldog, and Iā€™ve used it once so Iā€™m contemplating cancelling it. I donā€™t have anything on my female bulldog. But Iā€™ll be keeping it fit my Frenchie at this point as he needs it the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariabozz

Jan 22, 2021
Country
France
Bulldog(s) Names
Bozzo
I don't use pet insurance, but my vet insists on it. Can anyone tell me from their experience about its benefits? I am not in favor of paying for pet insurance, if only because it is never helpful if the owner follows all the rules of pet care. My dog is in great shape, and I don't understand the general hype about pet insurance. I'd rather spend that money on life insurance with one of the better companies (like lifeinsuranceblog.net), which would have more benefit because that kind of insurance is sure to come in handy at one time.

Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a credit card for my dogs. In Canada pet insurances are very expensive 6yrs ago when I had Nyala was 150$ a month. I canā€™t imagine for 2. In 6yrs Nyala was spayed n regular vet check so $150 a month for 6 yrsā€¦no thanks. I believe if you feed your dog with a proper diet, raw organs, exercise n keep them on the slim side, you will avoid a lot of issue. Thatā€™s my 2 cents worth

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.