Paranoid? Going to get up to 92 degrees today in Mass

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Ok, so today it's going to get to 90 something degrees. Bruin and Lilly are inside, but no a/c. Do you think they'll be fine? this is my 3rd summer with them so it's not like I'm new to them and heat...but I'm flippin paranoid! My bf said they didn't need a fan this morning and that he would put one on when he went home around 1:30. Do you think they'll be ok till then? Yahoo weather is saying its 80 degrees right now (I'm in an office so I can't tell, plus I get hot really easily, probably worse than them, so I'm not a good person to judge)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I would have left a fan on for them but Im sure they will be ok til your bf turns a fan on for them later...... Water is very important on days like this, I hope you have lots available for them. Going to be mid 90's here in WI again today... HRH will be inside except for an occasional poop time outside.. then right back in.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am in Maine and have the same weather today - this morning we ran our air conditioner before we left for work - I put a sheet in Otis's crate to make it a bit cooler and put the shades down to keep that blaring sun out and the house cooler inside. I think he'll be fine. I'm sure your pups will as well, the less opened doors the cooler your house will stay.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm right there with you! We are in RI so its going to be hot today here too! This is our first summer with Winston so I am a nervous reck about it!! LOL! I put lots of water out for him this morning closed the blinds and put his fan on. My husband will turn his AC on when he goes home around noon time! I am sure the pups will be ok. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I always err on the side of caution! I would leave a fan on and keep the shades or curtains drawn. I worry too much...but it's a burden Jake just has to live with! :nervous:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I'm trying to tell myself they'll be ok because the sun will be on the opposite side of the house than they are when it really starts to get hot and humid. All the shades are closed in most of the house, except they don't have shades in their room, but it was just the morning sun....i hope they're ok. I wish I had a web cam on them :( They had a bowl of water when I left, I should have left them 2 bowls. grr. I should probably run home around noon. I can't even concentrate on work right now.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
If you can run home and check on them that would ease your worries. Then you could give th more water if needed. I have the Vue. Zone wireless monitoring system and check in on my guys multiple times a day. You should check that out. A fan is a must on hot days with no AC as it gives them air circulation.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm trying to tell myself they'll be ok because the sun will be on the opposite side of the house than they are when it really starts to get hot and humid. All the shades are closed in most of the house, except they don't have shades in their room, but it was just the morning sun....i hope they're ok. I wish I had a web cam on them :( They had a bowl of water when I left, I should have left them 2 bowls. grr. I should probably run home around noon. I can't even concentrate on work right now.

They will be fine until your boyfriend checks in on them at 1:30! The hottest time of the day is like around 2 or even 3! Now get back to work! You need money for dog food! :shout:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We have a heat wave here too. We always leave a fan on for the boys and all curtains drawn. They get two bowls of ice water, actually 1 with ice water, and 1 with all ice.

I'm sure they'll be ok until your bf gets home. At least for tomorrow leave a fan on, it really doesn't take up that much energy. Don't forget to block the cords though ... that's another worry. :)

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
They will be fine until your boyfriend checks in on them at 1:30! The hottest time of the day is like around 2 or even 3! Now get back to work! You need money for dog food! :shout:

LOL so true! Thanks!! If I get fired they'll have to eat Alpo :nervous: J/k...I would never let that happen...eek. Scary thought. :eek:

If you can run home and check on them that would ease your worries. Then you could give th more water if needed. I have the Vue. Zone wireless monitoring system and check in on my guys multiple times a day. You should check that out. A fan is a must on hot days with no AC as it gives them air circulation.

I will absolutely look into that! Thanks!

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
OK bf went there early, they're perfectly fine, full bowl of water still and he turned on the fan. Up until that he says to me over the phone "you need to relax you're worrying about nothing" Ugh! I hate when people say to me over the phone or to my face 'to relax' it makes me feel so much worse. I want to say to him " ya know what? when you have done the research that I have, talked to the people that I've talked to, read the horror stories that I've read...then you can tell me to relax!" but I won't, I'll save that for when he really makes me angry :) Now I'm just trying to get my appetite back. I really need that video cam and to put some shades in that room (which I will be doing tonight)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Did he say the house was cool when he got home? I'm assuming my house is staying relatively cool with the blinds shut and the ceiling fan on.

I also agree, dont' tell me to relax - I usually don't until I see for myself...lol

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Did he say the house was cool when he got home? I'm assuming my house is staying relatively cool with the blinds shut and the ceiling fan on.

I also agree, dont' tell me to relax - I usually don't until I see for myself...lol

He said it was 79 degrees, which to me that's hot, but I'm a weirdo and think its hot when no one else does.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.