Onion!!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
So harvey just got a little piece of onion that fell on the floor when chopping. He got it so fast.

It was just a small little piece, how worried should I be????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
I'm no expert by any means..but I am thinking if it was just a small piece than it will probably be ok. My Gilbert got ahold of a piece of shrimp with some garlic last month that fell on the floor..I was worried just the same. Gilbert never shown any signs of being sick from it, but, boy did he love that shrimp!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Funny you post this cause the same exact thing happened last night with Louie. Heā€™s fine. It wasnā€™t the first time either. They all gather around my feet when Iā€™m chopping and theyā€™re usually faster than me in getting to whatever falls.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18707]thett[/MENTION] he will be fine. Feeding onions is not good, but a small piece won't hurt. I have never had a Bullie refuse anything that fell by accident. I most worry about my medicines because if they hear a pin drop-their on it! I have to be vewy, vewy quiet!
elmerfudd.jpg

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I'm no expert by any means..but I am thinking if it was just a small piece than it will probably be ok. My Gilbert got ahold of a piece of shrimp with some garlic last month that fell on the floor..I was worried just the same. Gilbert never shown any signs of being sick from it, but, boy did he love that shrimp!

Lol I bet he did love that shrimp!! Thank you for sharing. That does make me feel better!

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Funny you post this cause the same exact thing happened last night with Louie. Heā€™s fine. It wasnā€™t the first time either. They all gather around my feet when Iā€™m chopping and theyā€™re usually faster than me in getting to whatever falls.

You know it! They are so fast! It doesnā€™t matter what Iā€™m cooking as soon as o start chopping they are on me like white on rice!

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
[MENTION=18707]thett[/MENTION] he will be fine. Feeding onions is not good, but a small piece won't hurt. I have never had a Bullie refuse anything that fell by accident. I most worry about my medicines because if they hear a pin drop-their on it! I have to be vewy, vewy quiet!
View attachment 120469
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] lmao!!! That picture is so appropriate! All of your replies make me feel so much better. It was just a very small piece so I am sure he will probably be just fine.

I always get scared though.. when I am chopping veggies I donā€™t care if some fall because I usually give them little pieces anyway.. but when I do onions I am extra careful.
Today it was my husband doing the chopping... [emoji854]

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Sooooo happy it was just a small piece and no worries! Whew! Little rascal!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I avoid letting my bulldogs eat onions but they do occasionally grab some off of the floor. Messy cook. I believe it is basset hounds that have a big problem with raw onions. really bad. A small amount is not likely to hurt your Bully.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thank you!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow is constantly under my feet while I'm cooking... they only time I yell LEAVE IT is when meds hit the floor. Luckily she knows better...

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Case and point! [emoji23]
e48786c202f8793eccd3e541e77ef93d.jpg

Real time... what cha cookin mom?
Mom?
Mom...?
5c231712146e37a502b0d958976c33d8.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Not a problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Case and point! [emoji23]
e48786c202f8793eccd3e541e77ef93d.jpg

Real time... what cha cookin mom?
Mom?
Mom...?
5c231712146e37a502b0d958976c33d8.jpg

love your kitchen! And, I have the same issue... as soon as I start cooking, both are at my feet

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
love your kitchen! And, I have the same issue... as soon as I start cooking, both are at my feet

Thanks Christine! It was the one good thing that came out of having a fire[emoji12] I got to design myself a new kitchen

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online