helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
For allergies to boost her immune system
To boost an immune system n eliminate allergies (or most)is basically what your feeding your dog. Just like in humans the old saying….You are what you eat……we’ll same for pets.

What are you feeding your dog? Allergies is cause by food n environmental which is where you need a strong immune system. Boost you dogs meals with raw organs as a topper if you’re feeding kibbles. Add fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies. Popping a supplement won’t cut it. Raw Marrow Bones, raw wild caught frozen fish.

btw, the toppers are also calculated as portion of his meal.

Attachments

• 35FF70DF-BCF0-4FB1-B16A-20461C318EF3.jpeg
    35FF70DF-BCF0-4FB1-B16A-20461C318EF3.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 95
  • AFF437C6-24FB-4E79-B8E5-D4E3408F1B3B.jpeg
    AFF437C6-24FB-4E79-B8E5-D4E3408F1B3B.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 061D8E90-5C88-4483-BABF-112BB2D51F2F.jpeg
    061D8E90-5C88-4483-BABF-112BB2D51F2F.jpeg
    869.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 4594EDF7-B1DA-455A-9566-A1FC3A5A19B6.jpeg
    4594EDF7-B1DA-455A-9566-A1FC3A5A19B6.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 91
  • D50317FB-1EB7-4CC2-BC50-D204D23E43B3.jpeg
    D50317FB-1EB7-4CC2-BC50-D204D23E43B3.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 88

Kath8700

Dec 18, 2021
Connecticut
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
To boost an immune system n eliminate allergies (or most)is basically what your feeding your dog. Just like in humans the old saying….You are what you eat……we’ll same for pets.

What are you feeding your dog? Allergies is cause by food n environmental which is where you need a strong immune system. Boost you dogs meals with raw organs as a topper if you’re feeding kibbles. Add fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies. Popping a supplement won’t cut it. Raw Marrow Bones, raw wild caught frozen fish.

btw, the toppers are also calculated as portion of his meal.
I am going to start the sauerkraut today. As for the organs, she's allergic to beef, rice, and poultry. She's on taste of the wild salmon. Ok, so good to know that I don't need to use omega 3. So frozen fish? Ok, working on this. She was on the cytopoint shots, hasn't had one in 2 months because the vets are charging an arm and leg for them now. She's just now starting to get those pustules on her chest. It's getting crazy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am going to start the sauerkraut today. As for the organs, she's allergic to beef, rice, and poultry. She's on taste of the wild salmon. Ok, so good to know that I don't need to use omega 3. So frozen fish? Ok, working on this. She was on the cytopoint shots, hasn't had one in 2 months because the vets are charging an arm and leg for them now. She's just now starting to get those pustules on her chest. It's getting crazy.
Sadly yes vets are expensive especially when they see an EB walking in.

My 2 are on a raw diet. Other members also feed raw. It’s not for everyone either n we respect that. But if you want a higher quality kibble go with Acana, Zignature or Fromm. Acana does fish. It has one of the highest protein count. TOTW has often recalls so keep an eye out on them bags. That being said, there’s not only beef n chicken you can use as a topper. There’s duck which is easier to digest, rabbit, lamb etc… Raw isn’t processed so it won’t give you the kibble effects. Yes you still need to monitor what works n what doesnt. Trail n error as we say. Yes, I buy wild caught frozen fish. I give it to mine as a lunch snack. I do buy only fish from our waters. In my case Canadian waters. USA, New Zealand etc, also has clean. I have a rule of thumb, I never ever buy any fish or seafood from any Asian waters. They will splatter their “caught fish” with antibiotics so can survive longer n eliminate bacteria’s. I know as I’m in the food industry n that’s definitely what they do. Simply read your labels.

Whatever you introduce to your dog, it’s one product at a time so you know what he can accept n not.

Kath8700

Dec 18, 2021
Connecticut
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Sadly yes vets are expensive especially when they see an EB walking in.

My 2 are on a raw diet. Other members also feed raw. It’s not for everyone either n we respect that. But if you want a higher quality kibble go with Acana, Zignature or Fromm. Acana does fish. It has one of the highest protein count. TOTW has often recalls so keep an eye out on them bags. That being said, there’s not only beef n chicken you can use as a topper. There’s duck which is easier to digest, rabbit, lamb etc… Raw isn’t processed so it won’t give you the kibble effects. Yes you still need to monitor what works n what doesnt. Trail n error as we say. Yes, I buy wild caught frozen fish. I give it to mine as a lunch snack. I do buy only fish from our waters. In my case Canadian waters. USA, New Zealand etc, also has clean. I have a rule of thumb, I never ever buy any fish or seafood from any Asian waters. They will splatter their “caught fish” with antibiotics so can survive longer n eliminate bacteria’s. I know as I’m in the food industry n that’s definitely what they do. Simply read your labels.

Whatever you introduce to your dog, it’s one product at a time so you know what he can accept n not.
Thank you so much. Very interesting to read, and knowledgeable.

LEESA

May 21, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxanne
I am back regarding Bella’s ON GOING “apparent staph’ skin infection that she gets one or twice every year usually between December and April. She started showing signs of reoccurring about mid April. The first thing I did was bath her using Nizoral shampoo to kill the bacteria and get the loose hair and scabs off of her and give her some comfort from the itching, I then applied coconut oilI to her bare skin and a week ago I started her on Clavulin C12 (amoxicillin) antibiotic pills, 875mg daily (half a pill after breakfast and half a pill after supper) and 75mg of Benadryl daily (25mg 3 times per day, she is 80lbs). I have been bathing her weekly using the Nizoral shampoo and each time more hair and scabs come off of her, after yesterday’s bath her back has a large area of bare skin, see attached picture (I hope). I haven’t used the coconut oil on her skin after the last two baths, I’m not sure why. Bella gets probiotics (tripe) daily and has been for some time, for years she has been on a small dosage (5mg every 3 days) of Prednisone to keep another issue she has from flaring up. This time on the antibiotics and Benadryl she is much more interested in food then ever before, I am not sure if it is the antibiotics or the Benadryl that is causing her to be hungry, it doesn’t really matter, at this stage I am not concerned about her weight. If anyone can suggest something else I can do or change I am interested View attachment 116355
We started Potter on an rx called Apoquel 16mgs 1 to 2 times a day It works wonderful , however it cost about $2.00 a pill. I have found if I get it at Walmart, I can get it for about a 1.50 a pill. Once the skin gets so bad it won't fix where he is, but once you get it cleared up it will work great for allergies that start a lot of this problem. Clindamycin and a type of prednisone that starts with a T . My vet says it works better for animals the Prednisone. It is only for animals I think. I wipe Potters face off with a Norwex cloth. Sometimes if he starts getting a little yeast on his face I use a little Monostat cream and it clears right up. HOPE YOUR BABY GETS BETTER.

Attachments

• 20220119_212611.jpg
    20220119_212611.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 84

LEESA

May 21, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxanne
I am back regarding Bella’s ON GOING “apparent staph’ skin infection that she gets one or twice every year usually between December and April. She started showing signs of reoccurring about mid April. The first thing I did was bath her using Nizoral shampoo to kill the bacteria and get the loose hair and scabs off of her and give her some comfort from the itching, I then applied coconut oilI to her bare skin and a week ago I started her on Clavulin C12 (amoxicillin) antibiotic pills, 875mg daily (half a pill after breakfast and half a pill after supper) and 75mg of Benadryl daily (25mg 3 times per day, she is 80lbs). I have been bathing her weekly using the Nizoral shampoo and each time more hair and scabs come off of her, after yesterday’s bath her back has a large area of bare skin, see attached picture (I hope). I haven’t used the coconut oil on her skin after the last two baths, I’m not sure why. Bella gets probiotics (tripe) daily and has been for some time, for years she has been on a small dosage (5mg every 3 days) of Prednisone to keep another issue she has from flaring up. This time on the antibiotics and Benadryl she is much more interested in food then ever before, I am not sure if it is the antibiotics or the Benadryl that is causing her to be hungry, it doesn’t really matter, at this stage I am not concerned about her weight. If anyone can suggest something else I can do or change I am interested in hearing about it.

View attachment 116354View attachment 116353View attachment 116355
Appiquil is prescription allergy pills for dogs. It is a must for our English and old English bulldogs. It's about $2.00 a pill. If you have your vet write the RX you can take it to Walmart and they can order it. it's about 1.55 a pill. You have to use it everyday , BUT YOUR DOG WILL BE HAPPIER AND YOU WILL BE TOO!
Of coarse you will have to get this cleared up first. The bumps look like hives. Steroids and antibiotics were what my vet use to have to give us periodically, before we started the Appiquil. It is worth every penny.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.