Oh, the poop......

blueposa

Nov 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Chewie
Is there a way to help prevent hit bottom from getting dirty after he poops? To be more clear, after Chewie (Chewbaca) poops, it's like it smears between his tail & rear end, he finishes pooping & then we will often find skid marks on our tile floor. Gross! Is there a way to maybe prevent the poop from smearing on him? Something I can apply to his bottom to help? Sorry for the gross post, but help!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I know this is gonna sound crazy, but when my my dog comes in from outside after doing his stuff, I take a wet paper towel to clean below his tail pocket and his fur on his bum if any is dirty cause he loves to come on the couch so that’s why I always clean him immediately after he comes in from outside(unless he just goes out to pee).

So maybe try taking a wet paper towel and clean the area after he goes #2 immediately so wherever he is in he hose nothing gets dirty.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
We wipe Millie every time she poops. I carry a ziplock of wipes with me on walks. We also wipe for #1.

Bulldogs can't reach to clean themselves.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, baby wipes are by the door for when we come in from potty!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
We also keep wiped by the back door and Frankie gets a poop check when he comes in. Lol
He actually doesn’t seem to mind. 😆 he stops and waits. 🤦‍♀️

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I also clean after he does #2 even if he doesn’t need it. I thought I was the odd one that cleans the dog after he goes outside.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
We also keep wiped by the back door and Frankie gets a poop check when he comes in. Lol
He actually doesn’t seem to mind. 😆 he stops and waits. 🤦‍♀️
My dog does the same thing, he doesn't mind and he expects it.

OP
B

blueposa

Nov 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Chewie
Thank you everyone for the tips. We've been using wipes, so I'm glad we're doing the same. Now if only we could get Chewie to like getting wiped like your dogs do.... hahahaha... He sploots himself down making it much harder to wipe him.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Thank you everyone for the tips. We've been using wipes, so I'm glad we're doing the same. Now if only we could get Chewie to like getting wiped like your dogs do.... hahahaha... He sploots himself down making it much harder to wipe him.
I think the goal here is to always make it a positive experience and always do it. Millie didn’t necessarily like it right away, but when potty training she always got treats when she got inside, and the wipe came first, eventually we phased the treats out. We also talk happy talk about the wipes and getting our butts washed (I do the same for face washing after meals)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think the goal here is to always make it a positive experience and always do it. Millie didn’t necessarily like it right away, but when potty training she always got treats when she got inside, and the wipe came first, eventually we phased the treats out. We also talk happy talk about the wipes and getting our butts washed (I do the same for face washing after meals)
Agreed... lambeau is not a fan so treats are used as a distraction or a reward depending on how he is behaving

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Like the others, a wipe after every poop is the way to go. whether they need it or not. I use the natural baby wipes from costco and they stay right next to the door wall.

May 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Like the others said, I also have baby wipes ready to go when he's done with his business. I get mine from costco. This is our first bulldog, so who knew that I would go through so many baby wipes!!! LOL :ROFLMAO::love:

May 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thank you everyone for the tips. We've been using wipes, so I'm glad we're doing the same. Now if only we could get Chewie to like getting wiped like your dogs do.... hahahaha... He sploots himself down making it much harder to wipe hi

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online