ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since I posted. And it saddens me to come back with bad news. But this past Sunday, I had to rush Obie to the ER. My girlfriend had come home, and as I was sitting at my desk she informed me that Obies face was swollen. Immediately I panicked. Under his right ear there was a huge swollen lump, with what felt like a sack of fluid below it in his loose neck skin. The vet at the emergency clinic said it was most likely a clogged salivary gland, and gave me antibiotics in hopes of reducing the swelling. Three days later, it had only progressively gotten worse, so I took him to my primary veterinarian to have him look at it. As soon as he saw him on the table, and felt the swollen but hard lump on his face, he knew what it was (and proceeded to demonstrate what it was, by jabbing a syringe into it and pulling out a vial of puss and blood.) It was an abscess. So, Obie saw his first time under the knife as they lanced it open and drained it for two days. I got obie back Saturday morning, he is back to his energetic happy self, but I am now tasked with draining this wound twice a day and giving him an antibiotic. YUCK. Here's a couple pictures of our venture. 20170918_205246.jpg
20170924_213205.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You Precious Obie, Praying for a Speedy Recovery Sweet Boy. You are So Handsome.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Obie...Jewel and Bentley are wishing a speedy recovery. Bentley chimed, "hang in there dude."

I also hope for a speedy recovery for Obie 1. Roger, out.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Poor baby...feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe..... poor baby. Feel better soon!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Glad to hear he is recovering. With that good nursing he's getting, that should heal up nicely.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Obie!! you are getting so grown up...Hang in there little man.

Ellie and I send our best!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Never understood why vets at emergency clinics arent more on the ball. The number of times I read stories with the word "it's probably, maybe, if" gets to me. Like get to the source or do a biopsy. Same with human doctors. Ok that's another subject.

Obie is back to his puppy self!!!! :2thumbs::rundog::rundog::rundog::rundog::rundog:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
boy!! first of all i was about to HUNT YOU DOWN it's been a long time since we've seen that kid of yours so now show a full on shot of him!!! and second! I had to skip to the end of your post first to make sure he was OK and then went on to read... Scared me !! anyway, so glad he's on the mend and i know that cleaning draining is no fun. Had a horse with a 'shoeboil' that i got to dig out every day... yuck!! anyway, good to see you guys, and now a couple more pics please :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Glad to hear he's doing well now, but that must have been an ordeal. Great your ordinary vet could help out! And yes, we want more pics of beautiful obie!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Good to see you Obie! Sorry about your abcess! Daddy will take good care, and you will be back to good real soon! :yes:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OBIE!!! You poor thing! That is really, really scary !! So glad that he is on his way to a full recovery. His beautiful face is a sight for sore eyes!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Ouch! Poor thing, I hope he is fully healed soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.