Nustock uk

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Before I order is this the correct stuff ? Just I previously ordered the wrong bag balm so want to make sure
B89E2D62-3AA0-4E4F-A2A6-E726F95827CD.png

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
As Helene said, really mash that tube around A LOT every time as it does separate and you need the thick lotion, not just the oily stuff.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
We actually emptied the tube into a jar because its much easier to mix
It arrived today which was great service from Amazon. Iā€™ve shaked tube and pretty sure Iā€™ve got it mixed but could see benefits of decanting into a jar. Put a bit on a bald patch to see overnight. He visited vets on Monday night because he had clawed his neck raw. Been on steroids and antibiotics which have stopped scratching. They shaved patch and applied antiseptic. Iā€™ve been dabbing with clorahexadine wipes and itā€™s no longer red raw but hard brown scab. There are bits under chin where they didnā€™t shave and itā€™s all matted and scabbing over. Iā€™m guessing like humans when we have a graze or scratch the scab will fall off or crumble off when skin has repaired underneath? Iā€™ve been worried sick about him. Iā€™ve received a fur allergy test kit as want to try and see what possibly is causing him to scratch. Hopefully get an insight into food intolerances and environmental and have decided heā€™s going raw fed. Currently been on cold pressed but after reading on here my minds made up RAW is the way forward. Iā€™m going to get pre prepared raw packs

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
It arrived today which was great service from Amazon. Iā€™ve shaked tube and pretty sure Iā€™ve got it mixed but could see benefits of decanting into a jar. Put a bit on a bald patch to see overnight. He visited vets on Monday night because he had clawed his neck raw. Been on steroids and antibiotics which have stopped scratching. They shaved patch and applied antiseptic. Iā€™ve been dabbing with clorahexadine wipes and itā€™s no longer red raw but hard brown scab. There are bits under chin where they didnā€™t shave and itā€™s all matted and scabbing over. Iā€™m guessing like humans when we have a graze or scratch the scab will fall off or crumble off when skin has repaired underneath? Iā€™ve been worried sick about him. Iā€™ve received a fur allergy test kit as want to try and see what possibly is causing him to scratch. Hopefully get an insight into food intolerances and environmental and have decided heā€™s going raw fed. Currently been on cold pressed but after reading on here my minds made up RAW is the way forward. Iā€™m going to get pre prepared raw packs
3E6482B9-18BD-4953-BC88-042B3F56007C.jpeg

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Not sure if you already have some but ā€œHibiscrubā€ is also very good, you only need a very weak solution and very good for cleaning but dont use too often because it can dry the skin out.
Our vet gave Wesleys hotspots on his face a real good wash with it and also removed all the matted fur and loose scabs.
After that we applied a steroid cream from the vet which cleared them up within a week.
we used NuStock on his back when he was scabbing up and losing fur, definitely seemed to help.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Am I correct in thinking that once itā€™s healed the scabs will fall off and the new healed skin will be under neath ??
A9869C8D-8266-47FD-A23A-47F2005C12E2.jpeg

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Donā€™t worry about the scabs, i would give it a gentle wash/dry and apply NuStock, as I mentioned before get some Hibiscrub if you donā€™t already have some, great for cleaning/sterilising wounds :giggle:

Members online

No members online now.