Not sure if really ready but . . . looking

blabaird

Jun 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I recently said goodbye to my Grace Kelly, she was 11.9, she was a rescue as a 5 month old pup whose legs had been splinted a few times and she could not really walk, she would hop and fall over, we watched her get healthy and grow into a beautiful, spunky, active little girl, she and her best friend Mylie, the cat, would snuggle on the couch and play chase in the yard. When the grandbabies came along she loved them and they loved her! She took a part of my heart with her, I think as ALL bullies do, so now I'm not sure if I'm ready or not but I've been looking and thinking about, maybe . . . adding a petite (my girl was), grown female bully that needs a home that would love her until her time here on earth is through but so many will not adopt out far away and where we live seems to be just that, too far away. So if anyone has a suggestion, I was thinking maybe a retired momma or like my girl, the breeder was just looking for a home for her that would love her. We have 2 cats and a male Newfoundland lab mix, 40 chickens and the grandkids are 8 & 6 and a newer one at 8 months. Thanks, Leslie

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You will know when you find the right one... here on EBN we help rescues spread the word of what they have available for adoption, but we do not specifically adopt out . On rare occasion we my have a member looking to rehome, but hat is done off the boards and in private messaging.

Wishing you the best of luck in your search. Go to bulldog club of America website and you might find some available near you

OP
blabaird

blabaird

Jun 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
You will know when you find the right one... here on EBN we help rescues spread the word of what they have available for adoption, but we do not specifically adopt out . On rare occasion we my have a member looking to rehome, but hat is done off the boards and in private messaging.

Wishing you the best of luck in your search. Go to bulldog club of America website and you might find some available near you
Thank you I will look there. I was sadly disappointed when I contacted a shelter some distance away and out of state and was told they would not let me adopt because I was too many states away.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you I will look there. I was sadly disappointed when I contacted a shelter some distance away and out of state and was told they would not let me adopt because I was too many states away.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for that to be a restriction. Some rescues will go as far away as the best home is… others will stay within a certain distance

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
What state are you in? Maybe someone on here knows something that may help you if we know the state.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I recently said goodbye to my Grace Kelly, she was 11.9, she was a rescue as a 5 month old pup whose legs had been splinted a few times and she could not really walk, she would hop and fall over, we watched her get healthy and grow into a beautiful, spunky, active little girl, she and her best friend Mylie, the cat, would snuggle on the couch and play chase in the yard. When the grandbabies came along she loved them and they loved her! She took a part of my heart with her, I think as ALL bullies do, so now I'm not sure if I'm ready or not but I've been looking and thinking about, maybe . . . adding a petite (my girl was), grown female bully that needs a home that would love her until her time here on earth is through but so many will not adopt out far away and where we live seems to be just that, too far away. So if anyone has a suggestion, I was thinking maybe a retired momma or like my girl, the breeder was just looking for a home for her that would love her. We have 2 cats and a male Newfoundland lab mix, 40 chickens and the grandkids are 8 & 6 and a newer one at 8 months. Thanks, Leslie

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.