Nose Rope - Brown

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My bulldogs nose rope use to be white. When she hit around 2 years old her nose rope started to accumulate this brown stuff. I wash her nose rope with mal a ket wipes. This morning she had an extraordinary amount of brown stuff in her nose rope. Its a deep brown. When i lifted her nose rope, some of the brown stuff came off right away and fell on the floor. Sometimes i can peel it off and it flakes off. We are in the middle of transitioning to Purina HA vet rx food but we have transitioned before and never had this happen.
Anyone know what could have caused her nose rope to get soo bad all of sudden?

Last edited:

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
My bulldogs nose rope use to be white. When she hit around 2 years old her nose rope started to accumulate this brown stuff. I wash her nose rope with mal a ket wipes. This morning she had an extraordinary amount of brown stuff in her nose rope. Its a deep brown. When i lifted her nose rope, some of the brown stuff came off right away and fell on the floor. Sometimes i can peel it off and it flakes off. We are in the middle of transitioning to Purina HA vet rx food but we have transitioned before and never had this happen.
Any
one know what could have caused her nose rope to get soo bad all of sudden?
So what your describing sounds like what I've "tried to treat unsuccessfully" for sometime'.

Black gunk every time, and what might be called yeast, I would wipe his nose rope. He has a deep large fold. It also looked raw and inflamed. I have tried all the wipes mentioned on this site and other sites to no avail. Add to the wipes witch hazel, Nu-Stock, and more all OTC stuff and home remedies. Changed foods, tried raw , no luck.
So to the vet two weeks ago, he wiped his rope with a q-tip, put a sample on a slide, when to the in-house lab, and come up with an unnamed bacteria that he said feeds on itself and no yeast was present with this test.
He suggested we try this first and go from there. Its call Mometamax he also add a small amount of a steroid to this container 0.5ccAikacin, but said the steroid add should NOT be for use long term. Well fast forward 5 days.
I am now feeling so much better for my best friend, his nose rope is clean and it appears normal, I wipe twice a day and my tissue is dry and clean. Good luck to all. 20220210_101524.jpg

Most Reactions