Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Because of unethical greedy breeders, they are going to ruin it for the ethical, responsible preservation breeders that breed for health and not for money. It's only a matter of time before other countries start banning them too along with other breeds.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Another method of control. Did anyone see a few speeches at DAVOS? The climate control "big shots" They said the REAL WORDS outloud. "You will have NOTHING and you will be happy!" One control at a time. Why not just have a stricter standard to improve? Another ploy for govt. control.
Thanks for the article @helsonwheels, you 've got me riled up!!:facepalm2:
:yes:

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Another method of control. Did anyone see a few speeches at DAVOS? The climate control "big shots" They said the REAL WORDS outloud. "You will have NOTHING and you will be happy!" One control at a time. Why not just have a stricter standard to improve? Another ploy for govt. control.
Thanks for the article @helsonwheels, you 've got me riled up!!:facepalm2:
:yes:
There is a strict standard to follow. The issue is that backyard breeders do not follow it, they don't do the recommended health testing on their dogs before breeding and all they care about is money. THEY are the problem. Ethical and responsible breeders health test their dogs before breeding, breed to the standard and breed to better the breed. Those are the breeders that need to be preserved and those are the breeders people should be looking for.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I understand that, @Cbrugs you are exactly correct! So why ban ALL? Enforce the standards-inform the public. I am not a genius, but I researched, spoke to the breeders veterinarian before buying.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I understand that, @Cbrugs you are exactly correct! So why ban ALL? Enforce the standards-inform the public. I am not a genius, but I researched, spoke to the breeders veterinarian before buying.
As long as people keep buying poorly bred bulldogs, then backyard breeders will continue to exist. Local clubs and the parent club, Bulldog Club of America, are great resources for education and we try to educate the public every chance we get.

Unfortunately, there are many unhealthy bulldogs out there and that is what everyone sees so they now have a stigma around them that as a whole, the breed is unhealthy, which we know is not true. We need everyone to see all of our healthy, well-bred bulldogs and let people know that they do exist. We need to educate people looking to add bulldogs to their family in what to look for in a responsible breeder and what questions to ask. We need to educate people on the bulldog standard and that is what they should be looking for in the breed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As long as people keep buying poorly bred bulldogs, then backyard breeders will continue to exist. Local clubs and the parent club, Bulldog Club of America, are great resources for education and we try to educate the public every chance we get.

Unfortunately, there are many unhealthy bulldogs out there and that is what everyone sees so they now have a stigma around them that as a whole, the breed is unhealthy, which we know is not true. We need everyone to see all of our healthy, well-bred bulldogs and let people know that they do exist. We need to educate people looking to add bulldogs to their family in what to look for in a responsible breeder and what questions to ask. We need to educate people on the bulldog standard and that is what they should be looking for in the breed.
💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
There is a strict standard to follow. The issue is that backyard breeders do not follow it, they don't do the recommended health testing on their dogs before breeding and all they care about is money. THEY are the problem. Ethical and responsible breeders health test their dogs before breeding, breed to the standard and breed to better the breed. Those are the breeders that need to be preserved and those are the breeders people should be looking for.
When I got Duke, he was the normal EB on the red side like all his siblings but his brother Jake, he has a lilac fawn coat n some merle ears. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Where did that come from? Who knows. The breeder said you only need that one gene n it can happen. Yes definitely too many bad breeders out there n definitely not only the EB that was modified. When Duke pass, we visited my breeder n Nyala went straight to Jake n sat there without moving. I think she knew it was Duke’s brother. All this to say, Jake was on his way to Ontario as someone wanted him for breeding. My breeder was hesitating shipping him to Ontario. Her gut kept telling her no. She did say she was worried Jake would be used for colour pups. She decided on the spot to let us bring Jake home. She didn’t even make a cent on him. She wanted to make sure he goes to a good home. BTW Jake’s made one litter n all 4 was like Duke.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Good news for bulldogs from Norway...
I was wondering about the back and forth there the last couple months but turns out the op article was a year old

This is still very much a real struggle for the breed around the world.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.