Newby from Florida needs help after TECA surgery

Semua

Jun 9, 2021
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We are new to this site and looking to some advice, Lola is 9 years old and she just went under surgery ( total ear ablation) due to scarring and chronic ear infections. She came home yesterday and immediately noticed that her breathing was very congested and with a lot of snot from her right nose and a lot of drooling. The drooling is becoming kind of an issue because when she drinks water she chokes with her own phlegm and ended vomiting. I called her doctor and he is going to prescribed and anti-reflux for nausea but should I be more worried about the snot/ congested breathing issue?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would take her back in. That would concern me and it is better to be safe than sorry. You don't want to take the risk of her aspirating as it could lead to pneumonia.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Definitely bring her back cause breathing n very congested with a lot of snot, anti reflux med won’t cut it. Like [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] mentioned aspirating could lead to pneumonia n you don’t want that especially in EB. Plz keep us posted.

OP
Semua

Semua

Jun 9, 2021
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I called them again, Dr is going to check her lungs and throat, she might spend the night there. I'm starting to freak out because I know she hates not being with us but I'm very scared that it could developed into something more serious. I'll keep you posted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.