Newbie questions

Deanojft96

Jun 20, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Alfie
Hi all newbie here i finally got the dog of my dreams lol i went and collected her from someone giving her away ive found she excellent with kids just a few issues if they are she has very large nipples but has never had a litter also problems with weight ,wind,and her privates are very swollen please advise

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hummmmm sounds like she's in heat?? or going to deliver some presents to you??? any chance of that???? Could that be the reason she was given away???? I'd get her vet checked so if she is prego, so you'll be prepared,,,, or if just needing to loose a few, you'll do that,,, Sounds like a sweetie either way,,but I would definatly get her checked.... and welcome, great place here :)

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hmmm also remember Bulldogs that are pregnant can not deliver on there own normal is a C section for all involved to live .
Go to the vet see what is up

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hi all newbie here i finally got the dog of my dreams lol i went and collected her from someone giving her away ive found she excellent with kids just a few issues if they are she has very large nipples but has never had a litter also problems with weight ,wind,and her privates are very swollen please advise

Where are you in the U.K. ? Reggies Parents who post here are from Bristol and would be a good resource for you re: food and veterinarian issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Very large? Get to a vet just to be safe. WELCOME!!!!

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Welcome to the forums. Definitely get your girl to the Vet. Congratulations on your new family member and kudos to you for rescuing her! This is a great place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi and welcome too! We too think your girl needs to see a vet. Sounds like false pregnancy? Castor has a dog friend who had those symptoms and she got some meds to bring her body back to normal.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like your girl could be in heat... like others have stated I would get confirmation from the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How is she doing... I agree she may be in heat but you should have her checked by a vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Deanojft96

Deanojft96

Jun 20, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Alfie
Hi all kimba has been seen by a vet she okay she on heat but ive got to keep eye on vulva as concerned might have infectio n she will need to be spayed as previous owner has said no litters and she has alsohad to get her microchipped yet again told she was and wasnt thanks all

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good to hear she's been to see a vet and yes, she needs to be microchipped! I wonder though why she needs to be spayed? Being in heat is normal so unless she has serious problems or you cannot keep her separate from male dogs when she is in heat, I wonder why spayiong would be necessary?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Good to hear she's been to see a vet and yes, she needs to be microchipped! I wonder though why she needs to be spayed? Being in heat is normal so unless she has serious problems or you cannot keep her separate from male dogs when she is in heat, I wonder why spayiong would be necessary?

I think,,, or my impression was that that was in the agreement,,, No litters ?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think,,, or my impression was that that was in the agreement,,, No litters ?

Ah, thanks - makes senes - I interpreted it as if Kimba has not had any litters!

OP
Deanojft96

Deanojft96

Jun 20, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Alfie
Ah, thanks - makes senes - I interpreted it as if Kimba has not had any litters!
Hi all thanks not been on her for a while sadly we lost kimba a few months down the line she has cancer pyometra and mass on her spline but since losing kimba to the rainbow bridge me and my wife are proud fosterers to a bulldog rescue in the uk and since then we have had 17 bullies in foster we did have our own bully again but sadly we lost him to dementia but we still help these bullies that need our help

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Very sorry for you loss of your two bullies. You have done a wonderful thing helping with bully rescues. Thank you for that,and :EBNwelcome:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.