Help Needed! New pup and I'm a first time owner

winstonpup

Mar 16, 2015
Utah
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have been doing as much research as I can, and I understand every bully is different, but can anyone give me an idea on how much to feed my pup when I bring him home? I am so overwhelmed on what foods to get and with some being quite pricey, I want something healthy and won't kill my bank account. I have also seen some people mention they mix the dry food with yogurt and a little water. Is this an additional step to help with gas or just a taste/texture thing?

Thanks in advance!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Congrats on the new baby and welcome. I think you have a good starting point. The good thing is that when you feed a high quality, grain free food, you save a ton on vets bills and they do actually eat less than if it were with one of the cheaper foods with fillers. I usually give mine a tablespoon of plain yogurt with some fruits with a bit of kibble for breakfast. Then with their dinner I put in some veggies, some wet or a raw medallion in with their dry food. Just remember that these stinkers will eat their weight in food if you let them. They love to feign hunger. If you are overfeeding you will find the poo being squishy. Good Luck!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I would bring him home with what the breeder has him on to avoid any upset stomach. Then start a slow transitioning process on the food you choose (about 2 weeks). Follow the amount guidelines on the bag, which usually goes by age/weight. This will give you a starting point and you can increase or decrease. Careful, cause most bullies show signs of 24/7 hunger! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online