New member ☺️

Moana

Aug 3, 2022
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Moana
Hi,
I have a gorgeous bulldog called moana 🥰 she’s rescued and will be 1 in October. Just wondering how I can manage her separation anxiety? She has company I own 2 boxer dogs too! But whenever I leave her she starts making this strange whiny growel (the only way I can describe it lol ) and doesn’t shut up untill Im in the same room.

Attachments

• B5182444-364F-4D16-9DD0-33E9FF58802D.jpeg
    B5182444-364F-4D16-9DD0-33E9FF58802D.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 58
  • CB394B75-D944-4EEF-A5A4-89649784721A.jpeg
    CB394B75-D944-4EEF-A5A4-89649784721A.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 66

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi,
I have a gorgeous bulldog called moana 🥰 she’s rescued and will be 1 in October. Just wondering how I can manage her separation anxiety? She has company I own 2 boxer dogs too! But whenever I leave her she starts making this strange whiny growel (the only way I can describe it lol ) and doesn’t shut up untill Im in the same room.

Welcome!

Moana is cute!

I have never had a dog with separation anxiety, however I know people who use CBD oil to calm them, and there is another product called Pet Well-being Calming Care and Stress Gold that I know a couple people use for the separation anxiety.

Also, have you tried getting her a Kong and put peanut butter and treats in it and freeze it, then give it to her right before you leave??

Also is she crate trained?? When they are crate trained, they know the crate is a ‘safe space for them’ so it could also help for you to put her in her crate a few times a day to get her used to it and it helps keep her by herself, when you have to leave, she feels better.

When she cries to get your attention, ignore her and don’t talk to her or come into her area(that will basically teach her to cry when she wants you and she will learn to do that to get you to coke to her), maybe block part of the house off with a baby gate so she can’t follow you everywhere, but so you can practice not being in the same room to get her used to being without you.

OP
M

Moana

Aug 3, 2022
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Moana
Welcome!

Moana is cute!

I have never had a dog with separation anxiety, however I know people who use CBD oil to calm them, and there is another product called Pet Well-being Calming Care and Stress Gold that I know a couple people use for the separation anxiety.

Also, have you tried getting her a Kong and put peanut butter and treats in it and freeze it, then give it to her right before you leave??

Also is she crate trained?? When they are crate trained, they know the crate is a ‘safe space for them’ so it could also help for you to put her in her crate a few times a day to get her used to it and it helps keep her by herself, when you have to leave, she feels better.

When she cries to get your attention, ignore her and don’t talk to her or come into her area(that will basically teach her to cry when she wants you and she will learn to do that to get you to coke to her), maybe block part of the house off with a baby gate so she can’t follow you everywhere, but so you can practice not being in the same room to get her used to being without you.
Thankyou for your reply
I’ll look into the kong toys Iv heard loads of good things about them!
She is crate trained and she is restricted to the kitchen with my other 2 dogs, she comes in the living room on an evening she has her bed and extra toys in there. I try and ignore her when she’s acting up and barking but sometimes she just don’t quieten down 🙁

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Thankyou for your reply
I’ll look into the kong toys Iv heard loads of good things about them!
She is crate trained and she is restricted to the kitchen with my other 2 dogs, she comes in the living room on an evening she has her bed and extra toys in there. I try and ignore her when she’s acting up and barking but sometimes she just don’t quieten down 🙁
My dog used to do this as well. She would bark for a very long time. Whatever you do, do not give them attention when they bark. If you have to, put ear plugs in. I also started going out with her in public and socializing her with other dogs and other people. Unfortunately, a lot of us have covid dogs which means they are really bonded to us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.