New member, Mom of Bartolomeo

Lia

Aug 30, 2021
Country
Monaco
Bulldog(s) Names
Bartolomeo
Hi, I'm a new member.
I'm a filmmaker and writer and I live in Monaco, the only monarchy in the world that has a Prince who is half American (he is the son of the late wonderful actress Grace Kelly - Princess Grace for us). It is a small country (second only to the Vatican, that is still smaller). It has only 38,000 inhabitants. Here we love the animals and there are 15 English bulldogs who live here. Mine is one of them. I don't have him yet, he is still in his breeder's home, he is only 5 weeks old... He will come home soon, I wait for him to be three months old. I receive photos and videos of him every week from the breeder.
Until the 18th of July I had another beloved bully, Archibald. He died suddenly of heart attack, throwing us in an inimaginable sorrow. He was only three and a half, too young to die. The life is not the same without him.
Little Bartolomeo does not replace him - nobody can. But he will be there to be loved. He is completely white and I have the feeling he is deaf. The breeder has a suspicion too. See his photo. I send a photo also of Archibald.
Bartolomeo is the 5th bully we have in 40 years. All of them, except Archbald lived 11 years and more.
We just cannot live without a bulldog, that's it.

Attachments

• Archie in biblioteca.jpg
    Archie in biblioteca.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
  • BARTOLOMEO.jpg
    BARTOLOMEO.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 90

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Welcome to the group. Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your Archie. He was a good looking bullyboy. We can not foresee these things that happen so suddenly like heart failure. Secondly, welcome to Bartolomeo. He is a pretty pup. I'm sure he will bring many long years of joy and happiness. I actively follow a bulldog on youtube who was deaf. He recently passed away too, but they have a second one and still carry on the channel. His name was Lincoln and his sisters name is Birdie. Here is a link,
. They may be able to give you some help training your pup if he is in fact deaf. Good luck and we hope to see many pictures of your new arrival.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome!!! I am sorry for you, losing Archibald. He looks like such a handsome and happy boy. I am certain that bringing Bartolomeo will bring love and sunshine into your home once more. I am looking forward to your stories once he has arrived.

Sue and Joey

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to EBN!!! First of all, let me say I'm so very sorry about Archibald... it's horrible to lose your fur baby and under those circumstances. Many of us on here understand your grief & pain.

Little Bartolomeo is adorable... and yes it's true that many all white bullies are deaf. But I want to assure you that deaf dogs (if trained early on) are wonderful companions, it will take some work on your part. Of course we are always here to help!!!

On a weird side note, my mother's family is distantly related to Grace Kelly... she actually sent a birthday card to my grandmother years ago. It's always been on my bucket list to go visit!!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Welcome to the group. Your new baby is beautiful. It's always hard losing our babies unexpectedly. My condolences on that loss. I truly believe once you have had a bully you are spoiled for any other breed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! So very sorry for your sudden loss of your sweet bully!

your new baby is adorable! Ganga has given you son great info if you need it down the road

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.