New bulldog stool problems

Oscarmar

Feb 9, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tsu
Hello everyone, I am a new Bulldog owner of a 10 week old female. For the last 12 years I've has American Bullys and have had them all on raw diets consisting of beef, chicken, liver, hearts, kidney and green tripe mostly. I started my new little female Bulldog but seems like she cant tolerate raw. Alot of loose stool. Anyone ever had this issue before?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone, I am a new Bulldog owner of a 10 week old female. For the last 12 years I've has American Bullys and have had them all on raw diets consisting of beef, chicken, liver, hearts, kidney and green tripe mostly. I started my new little female Bulldog but seems like she cant tolerate raw. Alot of loose stool. Anyone ever had this issue before?
Remove the liver, hearts, kidney and green tripe in the raw for time being. My 2 are on raw n raw basically hardens the stools. It’s the opposite. Has he had a stool sample done? Puppies stomachs can be fragile so you will need to tweak the diet a bit. Btw is the green tripe from a can or raw n frozen?

Also organic pumpkin purée n NOT the ones for pies helps stops loose stools.

OP
Oscarmar

Oscarmar

Feb 9, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tsu
Remove the liver, hearts, kidney and green tripe in the raw for time being. My 2 are on raw n raw basically hardens the stools. It’s the opposite. Has he had a stool sample done? Puppies stomachs can be fragile so you will need to tweak the diet a bit. Btw is the green tripe from a can or raw n frozen?

Also organic pumpkin purée n NOT the ones for pies helps stops loose stools.
Tripe is frozen. No stool sample yet. Had a vet visit last week for shots, worming, heart worm and everything was good

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Over feeding can cause soft stool. You might also want to have a fecal test done to test for parasites, specifically giardia.
Overfeeding is exactly what I was thinking. Dial back on the quantity fed before doing anything else.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tripe is frozen. No stool sample yet. Had a vet visit last week for shots, worming, heart worm and everything was good
After all this, Im also seeing over feeding. How much you feeding her per day? My 2 are 50lbs each. And they both get one lb per day of raw. They also get 2 snacks a day. Puppies eats more as you already know since you always fed your dogs raw.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the gang… probably feeding too much