adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
I just realised I havenā€™t done a introduction,

Hi Iā€™m Adrian from Australia, Iā€™m a massive dog lover, always had them.
Iā€™ve had a variety of breeds in my life Iā€™ll list the breeds Iā€™ve owned in order that Iā€™ve had them.
Australian cattle dog
Doberman
Pug
Chihuahua
Jack Russell terrier
Pit bull
And my current dog ā€œborder collieā€

Just recently I purchased a bulldog after always wanting one.

Her name is Athena sheā€™s a brindle pedigree

Here is some photos
5CF19DAB-A25D-4DC2-AE4A-9541C4B9E042.jpeg1A9EF098-9A23-4612-8CFF-BA0001626365.jpeg1A9EF098-9A23-4612-8CFF-BA0001626365.jpeg

Any advices would be appreciated as Iā€™ve never owned a bulldog, I have a few books Iā€™m reading and watched a bit of YouTube videos.

I hope to learn heaps here

Adrian

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi! Athena is such a sweet brindle.

You have come to the best place to learn about bulldogs! I read some books about the breeed when we first got Castor seven years ago, but have learned so much more here. Some things you might like to watch out for and read up on as Athena grows are skin fold issues and breathing issues.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN... Athena is beautiful!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3:to you and Athena! She is a little beauty, who will charm you!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hi Adrian and Athena!

I haven't had any of the dogs you've previously owned except for the Doberman. I grew up with a dobie and had 2 dobies as an adult.

One thing you might notice as a big difference between the bulldog and the dobie is the bulldog is much more independent thinking. A lot of people think Dobies and German Shepherds (I also had this breed) are intelligent because they are easy to train and that bulldogs are dumb because they "don't listen". From my experience with my 2 bulldogs, they are not dumb at all. You can tell by the look in their eyes that they know exactly what you want them to do, they just don't want to do it. They are intelligent, but they have an independent spirit so it might be that they won't do what you tell them to do because they think what you want them to do is dumb. To counter this, you might have to figure out how to make it worth their while to follow directions.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hi Adrian and Athena!

I haven't had any of the dogs you've previously owned except for the Doberman. I grew up with a dobie and had 2 dobies as an adult.

One thing you might notice as a big difference between the bulldog and the dobie is the bulldog is much more independent thinking. A lot of people think Dobies and German Shepherds (I also had this breed) are intelligent because they are easy to train and that bulldogs are dumb because they "don't listen". From my experience with my 2 bulldogs, they are not dumb at all. You can tell by the look in their eyes that they know exactly what you want them to do, they just don't want to do it. They are intelligent, but they have an independent spirit so it might be that they won't do what you tell them to do because they think what you want them to do is dumb. To counter this, you might have to figure out how to make it worth their while to follow directions.

^^This. Iā€™m learning that very quickly with Brisket. He is so smart, but when I tell him to do something he doesnā€™t want to do, he looks at me like Iā€™m the one missing bolts. Welcome to EBN! Youā€™ll learn a lot here!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... what a beautiful girl! Congratulations

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.