New Arthritis Med **GALLIPRANT** and/or Adequan

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Hi......I'd love to hear from anybully who's familiar with this new arthritis med---GALLIPRANT and/or
another med called ADEQUAN?
Our sweet 8-year-old Meaty just started on the Galliprant yesterday----hope it helps! Himz recently started
limping, and our vet did Xrays and said himz has arthritis in his elbows, one hip, and upper back :(

Please also let me know if your baby(ies) have had ADEQUAN injections and if those helped.
He just finished getting 6 injections of ADEQUAN, but it doesn't look as though they've helped.
If he doesn't improve, Dr. wants to get MRIs of his elbows.

Our 6-year-old also has some arthritis in one hip, plus a luxating patella ("Floating Kneecap"). She also had several Adequan injections last year; and she hasn't limped again! :D

Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;
(and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- but
after doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing better
because she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him on
the supplements back in December.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I HOPE that if your babies have arthritis, they are doing well! :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Adorable photo! You said.....Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;(and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- butafter doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing betterbecause she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him onthe supplements back in December.*

In any supplements it takes time. Minimum 6 months.... buy them at Costco in liquid form as the body will absorb it faster and all of it. A lot of people don't know but in pill form you lose more than 1/2 of the supplement as it goes straight to the intestines. Try to find all in liquid form. And yes in dogs the age faster than us so needs to be started younger. You should also make yourself a rubbing essential oils. Example mix 5 drops lavender, 5drops Japanese mint in 1/2cup of coconut oil the clear one and rub it on the joints. Great for humans too.

OP
TooTooMommy

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]......Wow, THANK YOU for all that wonder-bull info!!! I WISH we had started them both on supplements
when they were younger! Especially Meaty, since he turned EIGHT in November! We also give them massages, and I
LOVE essential oils, so thank you for that recipe,too :)

We adopted a 12-year-old bulldog last year, and his arthritis
was SOO bad......I massaged his poor legs almost every day....sweet guy! (he died in December...we miss himzzz
sooo much, we still cry when we think of him!) :(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My Tyson has arthritis - we did Adequan injections for about a year they did work but seemed to kinda stop working after. We have him on Rimadyl now and it's done wonders. We also give him Dasuquin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]......Wow, THANK YOU for all that wonder-bull info!!! I WISH we had started them both on supplements
when they were younger! Especially Meaty, since he turned EIGHT in November! We also give them massages, and I
LOVE essential oils, so thank you for that recipe,too :)

We adopted a 12-year-old bulldog last year, and his arthritis
was SOO bad......I massaged his poor legs almost every day....sweet guy! (he died in December...we miss himzzz
sooo much, we still cry when we think of him!) :(

So sorry for your lost. 12yrs old is real good for a bully to have reached that far.

Here are more recipes for healing. Feel free to add yours that you know that works like other members did! :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi......I'd love to hear from anybully who's familiar with this new arthritis med---GALLIPRANT and/or
another med called ADEQUAN?
Our sweet 8-year-old Meaty just started on the Galliprant yesterday----hope it helps! Himz recently started
limping, and our vet did Xrays and said himz has arthritis in his elbows, one hip, and upper back :(

Please also let me know if your baby(ies) have had ADEQUAN injections and if those helped.
He just finished getting 6 injections of ADEQUAN, but it doesn't look as though they've helped.
If he doesn't improve, Dr. wants to get MRIs of his elbows.

Our 6-year-old also has some arthritis in one hip, plus a luxating patella ("Floating Kneecap"). She also had several Adequan injections last year; and she hasn't limped again! :D

Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;
(and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- but
after doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing better
because she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him on
the supplements back in December.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I HOPE that if your babies have arthritis, they are doing well! :)

Talk with your vet about laser therapy ... I used it for Banks on her spine and hips along with a medicine cocktails, but the laser works, it really helps lessen the stiffness and pain.
We are currently taking our 5 yr old Frenchie for laser on his spine , as luck would have it, he developed the same issue Banks had (butterfly vertebrae) and at this time, laser is the only thing he needs... no meds at all

OP
TooTooMommy

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello, I would appreciate hearing from anybully else, and what meds / treatments are working for your babi(es). Thank you :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Another member [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] got us started on ACTI-FLEX 4000 Just started but both Hank, Josie (old Chihuahua) and older me ;) are now taking it.. For me, I put a t in my tangerine juice and it tastes like the old orange Julies to me so I'm good with it. Dogs take it in food fine. Check on Amazon and read some reviews.. I've just started so cant give much on it but like I said, reviews are real nice.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would say Galliprant is the safest of all the non narcotic pain killers you can give your dog so you are already doing great. You can also give turmeric powder with some ground up pepper with his food each day( start with 1/4 tsp with 6 grinds of pepper grinder ). Movoflex is another supplement you can give your dog. It's got eggshell membrane and supposed to be quite good. I use Actiflex-4000 as a glucosamine/hyaluronic acid suplement for my dog, since it's meant for horses so works out quite reasonable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Movoflex for Cheli along with the laser therapy and it has helped him

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We're on Galliprant and we also do Tumeric pills. Been working great so far! We switched over to Galliprant from Rimadyl bc it doesn't have the sides effects to the liver/kidneys.

OP
TooTooMommy

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you, everybully :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts