Nasal fold excision and entropian reconstruction

GingerB

Apr 23, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
melba
My vet has recommended we have nasal fold excision to (1) keep down constant fold infection and (2) most importantly to help eye entropy. Melba’s eyelashes roll into her eyes due to her thick fold. Has anyone had to have this procedure and can you give me any insight?

Thanks much.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Many people on here have done the entropian surgery and should chime in shortly.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Am I to understand that this is recommended due to infections already experienced or to get ahead of infections that are likely to occur if something proactive isn't done?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My vet has recommended we have nasal fold excision to (1) keep down constant fold infection and (2) most importantly to help eye entropy. Melba’s eyelashes roll into her eyes due to her thick fold. Has anyone had to have this procedure and can you give me any insight?

Thanks much.

Welcome!!!

I’m confused like [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]. Your vet wants to do surgery “before “ anything happens? If so, change vets!

nasal fold excision...first of all it’s called cleaning it n keeping it dry. Maintenance is the key word on dogs especially English Bulldogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He and welcome... can you post a picture so we can see the folds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.