The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yesterday afternoon my beloved snot rocket Halrea passed away unexpectedly. It had been a normal day for the most part except she threw up a bit of her breakfast as she has done many times in the past. We did our usual playing before work, going potty and then she settled in for her morning nap across from my desk as she always does. Lunch time came and all appeared well as she followed me to the couch to cuddle up for a power nap. Even after lunch she went potty ate a cookie and then settled in next to the couch as my wife had just got home and was playing with our grandson. She went potty two more times and after the second time she plopped down in one of her usual spots on one of her favorite blankets and passed peacefully. No struggles, no gasping or choking, no warning signs at all. We have been stressing our brains trying to think of what happened as she had just been to the vet for her check up and was given a clean bill of health except for two small lipomas that she had so we have no idea why she passed so sudden.

We are beyond devastated and I am especially lost as she was a partner in crime and outside of traveling from time to time Harlea was by my side all day every day that we have had her. We even had a specific routine and if it got interrupted she would make sure I knew about it. I couldn't sleep last night as I didn't hear her snoring and this morning has been tough as I am lost without that routine. I know in time it will get easier but right now it is just too much. However, I just keep telling myself that Harlea is still with us in our hearts and that she left us on her own terms.

Rest easy sweet girl. Mommy and daddy love you very much and will miss you dearly. Run free with all of your brothers, sisters and bully friends that crossed the bridge before you. Please keep Wallygator and Harveyspector company and check in on us from time to time.

Harlea Smile.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’m so sorry for your loss.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This is awful news. 3 of our longtime buddies recently passed away. I am so very sorry. The only comfort I can offer is that she passed away in the most peaceful way possible. Heartbreaking.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We are so sorry to hear this sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family during this difficult time. She was a beautiful pup.

BullyAngel12.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
My condolences. Logging on for the first time in a long time, I am so sorry to see that Harlea and several other on Castor's online acqaintances have passed recently.

Thinking of you.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am very sorry about Harlea passing to the rainbow bridge. I know how much you love her, and Bulldogs grab your heart like no other. I know she was a Daddy's girl . God help heal your heart.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh no…I’m so sorry. Yes, Harlea did have her little routines which will be missed 😢 Harlea went peacefully ❤️‍🩹 R.I.P. Pretty Girl

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Absolutely gutted... I literally came on here to talk about Wallygator, and here I read about Harveyspector and now precious Harley :cry: Although we are truly heartbroken, all three of us were blessed!!! They went on their own, on their terms... not putting us thru all the pain of making those dreaded decisions.

I'm SO very sorry... you & I both came on here at EBN the same timeframe. And then you were there for me when I lost Winston SO suddenly, and of course all the adventures w/Wallygator & Willow. I've been blessed w/your friendship... and of course all the adventures w/our bullies over the years.

Sending lots of love & prayers to you and your family... I know our precious babies are cutting it up on the bridge. They will be waiting for us when it's our time!!! :angelheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest well beautiful girl…. You had a wonderful life and we got to share through Daddy keeping us up on your antics .

Todd.. sending hugs, love and prayers to you and the family

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yesterday afternoon my beloved snot rocket Halrea passed away unexpectedly. It had been a normal day for the most part except she threw up a bit of her breakfast as she has done many times in the past. We did our usual playing before work, going potty and then she settled in for her morning nap across from my desk as she always does. Lunch time came and all appeared well as she followed me to the couch to cuddle up for a power nap. Even after lunch she went potty ate a cookie and then settled in next to the couch as my wife had just got home and was playing with our grandson. She went potty two more times and after the second time she plopped down in one of her usual spots on one of her favorite blankets and passed peacefully. No struggles, no gasping or choking, no warning signs at all. We have been stressing our brains trying to think of what happened as she had just been to the vet for her check up and was given a clean bill of health except for two small lipomas that she had so we have no idea why she passed so sudden.

We are beyond devastated and I am especially lost as she was a partner in crime and outside of traveling from time to time Harlea was by my side all day every day that we have had her. We even had a specific routine and if it got interrupted she would make sure I knew about it. I couldn't sleep last night as I didn't hear her snoring and this morning has been tough as I am lost without that routine. I know in time it will get easier but right now it is just too much. However, I just keep telling myself that Harlea is still with us in our hearts and that she left us on her own terms.

Rest easy sweet girl. Mommy and daddy love you very much and will miss you dearly. Run free with all of your brothers, sisters and bully friends that crossed the bridge before you. Please keep Wallygator and Harveyspector company and check in on us from time to time.

View attachment 123210
Oh dear no, this is unbelievable, I am beyond sorry!!! Just now reading about all three losses here, each one as devastating as the next. So, so many times I would read posts about Harlea and notice so many similarities with Joey. I am heartsick for you and your family. Keeping you in our hearts and prayers friend.

Sue and Joey

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy

View attachment 123210
We are so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest easy sweet angel. ❤️🙏🌈🐾

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online