Help Needed! My sweet boy, Wallygator...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If he feels better after a steroid shot sounds like inflammation somewhere. Bare in mind steroids will reduce the functionality of the immune system, in a nutshell itā€™s natural defence against illness n infection. So if possible up the probiotics. :yes:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
What's the latest on the Gator?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We got the blood work back, and everything looks great. She did another physical on him, and he was totally fine... and in true Wally fashion he "refused" to get in her trailer so she actually did the exam on the sidewalk :facepalm2: She gave him another steroid shot, and last night he was acting completely normal.

It was either his butt (anal gland area) or his neck, but he let her manipulate him fully w/out any issues.

SO I have no idea what it was all about... my friends were telling me he was mimicking my whiplash injury from my car accident :blink: We are just keeping an eye on him for any odd behavior again... but we have NO idea. Any suggestions on how to up the probiotics?!! [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Our vet bought the trailer when she decided to open her own practice... it's great because Walter gets OCD in the car, so at least we only go for a short walk!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We got the blood work back, and everything looks great. She did another physical on him, and he was totally fine... and in true Wally fashion he "refused" to get in her trailer so she actually did the exam on the sidewalk :facepalm2: She gave him another steroid shot, and last night he was acting completely normal.

It was either his butt (anal gland area) or his neck, but he let her manipulate him fully w/out any issues.

SO I have no idea what it was all about... my friends were telling me he was mimicking my whiplash injury from my car accident :blink: We are just keeping an eye on him for any odd behavior again... but we have NO idea. Any suggestions on how to up the probiotics?!! [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Best way not to upset his stomach is with food n not pills. Fermented foods, kombucha n sauerkraut are rich sources of probiotics, cultured dairy foods like yogurt n kefir. Kombucha is spicy so if you find mild great. The dairy make sure itā€™s non pasteurized as pasteurize means itā€™s heated so high it kills even the good bacteria which is useless n you probably already know. Also great to always feed any pet even humans probiotics as it help fights infections which leans towards ulcers n stomach cancer.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Wondering how you and Wally are feeling? Hope you didn't have any serious injury. I know sometimes it takes a few days before you find out what REALLY was injured.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Wondering how you and Wally are feeling? Hope you didn't have any serious injury. I know sometimes it takes a few days before you find out what REALLY was injured.

Wally is doing great... in fact, it's like nothing ever happened!!! We have NO idea what was wrong w/him... we scheduled a physical around the first of July, so maybe we will get some answers then.

I'm doing okay... I had mild whiplash, and as of right now I'm not taking my meds. I've been careful not to use my arms too much, and trying to rest. The lady who hit me was uninsured, so NOW my insurance company is going to take care of everything. I'm just grateful that I wasn't seriously injured.

Thanks for asking my friend... I hope you are doing well :heart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad you not injured more-it could have been bad! Glad Wally is better. It is amazing how many people drive with no ins. and no license! No rules respect any more!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wally is doing great... in fact, it's like nothing ever happened!!! We have NO idea what was wrong w/him... we scheduled a physical around the first of July, so maybe we will get some answers then.

I'm doing okay... I had mild whiplash, and as of right now I'm not taking my meds. I've been careful not to use my arms too much, and trying to rest. The lady who hit me was uninsured, so NOW my insurance company is going to take care of everything. I'm just grateful that I wasn't seriously injured.

Thanks for asking my friend... I hope you are doing well :heart:

Thank goodness youā€™re getting back on track. A friend of mine got whiplash hard n needed therapy. Took a good 6 months. Today, few yrs later like nothing happened. Like you said, you need to watch everything you do for first few months.

Feels great when our fur balls are back to normal. Well normal to a point lolā€¦ But do keep the fermented food going in his regular diet. Wonā€™t harm him. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.