My List Just Keeps Getting Longer

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We are listing our house for sale the first part of next week so I've been busy packing up the collections to eliminate clutter, and sorting keepers, sell at show, and yard sale. I've been pricing stuff for sale as I go along so it is taking some time. We are downsizing from 5,200 sq. ' to 2,400 sq. '.

I have also been doing some getting the house ready to show cleaning. 2 days ago I cleaned and conditioned all the leather furniture. I have a to do list to refer to before every showing and most of the things have to do with cleaning slobber off furniture, walls, cabinets, etc., nose art off windows, around the plants where Buster & Katze like to "garden", damp mop floors to remove paw prints from tracking in pee from outside (they both pee and walk through it). Most of the things on the list are animal related.

Here is Ruggles modeling his recliner with 2 days slobber.

Attachments

• 20130516_151608.jpg
    20130516_151608.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 210

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ROFL: Awww Alice...I know YOU know that this is a losing battle! But...Ruggles and Buster will enjoy showing you what I mean! :whistle:

Exciting move ahead! Downsizing is good for the soul..less crap ...more time! Good Luck with your sale and your move!

:hmm: Just so I'm clear here...I'm NOT calling your stuff "crap"... Just in general! :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:rofl:, as we talked earlier....I have to wipe my loveseat down at least 3 times a week, looks exactly the same!! I keep a beach towel on it for him to lay on, but Oh No...he pulls it off and lays on the leather!.....or should I say leaves dried slobber all over my leather. Oh well, just another little "chore" to add to my daily list of upkeep. :heart:

P.S. Swiffer Wet Jet, is my best friend in between weekly mopping! It gets the daily slobber, sand ect. off my floors up quickly!!

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh Alice I'm seen pics of your place, I'd love it there, dog slobber and all, only in my dreams will I ever have a place as beautiful as yours , hope you sell fast and high

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Alice, will you be staying in Oregon?By the way, what is the best solution for getting slobber marks off of cloth seats, My work room has old furniture in it, but Rocky riding in my new truck has me a little emberassed to have it detailed, been eyeing the seat cover at pet smart trying to see if that would be a solution, but actually he gets hair on the back seat, and he slobbers all over the front, so not sure the distance he will have with his new Pet restraint, looking foreward to this being answered before he and I plan our next move in chess!! lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Alice, best of luck to you with getting your house up for listing condition. I was where you were a little over a year ago and I know w/two bullies, it wasn't easy. But, i know you can do it!
I wished I lived closer to you so i can attend one of your yard sales!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Alice that is a task with Bullies isn't it they seem to slobber everywhere I have a rug over my leather lounge but Ftse has to pull that of to sit on it and then slobber. Good luck with the sale of your house and I hope it is a quick one for you. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:scared: memories of doing this when we sold our house last year.... GOOD LUCK Alice ... wishing you all the best

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
@KMARINO I may have to try a swiffer wet jet, does it streak? @JAKEISGREAT it is always good stuff when I sell it, CRAP when I have to pack and unpack it too much! @Sherry we borrowed on this place to buy the house we are moving to. It has a beautiful view too, just not as close to the mountains. @GoldenRod we are moving 5 miles from here. It may take upholstry cleaner on your cloth seats. I've had Bulldogs since the '80s so only buy vehicles with leather seats.
I am not looking forward to our yard sales because my husband wants to price high and I want low prices so the junk leaves, @cali baker. [MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] we expect it will take a couple years to sell. It is a great family home but too pricey for most families. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I pretty much dread the whole disruptive process and would rather just move and sell this place vacant. But instead we are going to rent out our new to us house until this place sells!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Hoping your house sells sooner than you expect!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] I use the wet jet, I like it just fine!!!! I don't get streaks, and when you're done with the floor, you pitch the pad. Always start fresh, :2thumbs:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Clearing out clutter is really free-ing. I do a daily battle with Grandma (who lives with me) and is constantly sneaking more crap in the door. Thankfully, her memory sucks so some of this crap (and I DO mean crap) disappears into thin air and to a home where it's actually needed.

Do we really need FOUR QUART SIZED GLASS MEASURING CUPS? No. We do not. <== I just spotted this new "collection" yesterday...ugh.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.