My Jewelie Girl

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My wife and I are totally devastated. 2022 is another bad year. Last week, my wife lost her brother to what the ME said congestive heart failure. He was 68 years old. Today, we lost our Jewelie Girl. She turned nine years old last week.

Yesterday, my girl was in my face...the look...Daddy I don't feel good. She didn't want food so we thought her tummy was acting up. We decided to take her to the Pet ER. The drop off and the wait. The vet said here white blood cell count was 26.23 (infection) however, they could not isolate the cause. We brought her home and Jewel was panting heavily and still not feeling good so we packed her up and took her to the Pet ER in Annapolis approximately 1800 hours. Triage wise, Jewel was stable and there would be a 4 hour wait. She was admitted and given pain management therapy as we could tell by her panting...Daddy I don't feel good. There were no phone calls overnight which is a good thing. This morning we did not here anything and from previous hospitalizations the vet calls us at shift change however there was no call. I asked my wife to call them since we have not heard from them. Apparently, the on call surgeon consulted with Jewel's surgeon about her condition. Over the night Jewel developed labored breathing and given the heart condition she would not tolerate anesthesia. She was on O2 with the labored breathing. My wife and I headed to Annapolis to see our girl. Jewel was gasping for air and not herself. God almighty she was suffering. I will not forget her breath gasping for air. It was time. Despite the mask policy I was unmasked kissing and hugging my girl. Holding and rubbing her paw scratching her head which seemed to put her at ease a little. Dr. Mason administered the white juice into the IV. Jewel simmered down and started to rest...we were kissing and hugging Jewel saying sleepy sleepy nappie nappie. She was not gasping for air at this time...resting thank God. Dr. Mason pushed the "pink Juice" and we were still hugging and kissing our girl...she is gone. I love you my princess. See you at the rainbow bridge.

Jewel and Bentley made friends in bulldog land.

Thanks... @MFrey2012 , @oscarmayer , @nubonics , @g8erjackie , @Manydogs , @2BullyMama

Rest in Peace my sweet girl. Daddy and Mommy love you very much

Attachments

• IMG_6628.JPG
    IMG_6628.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6797.JPG
    IMG_6797.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6625.JPG
    IMG_6625.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6626.JPG
    IMG_6626.JPG
    1,007 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6627.JPG
    IMG_6627.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6799.JPG
    IMG_6799.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 116

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So, so sorry for your losses. Rest in peace sweet Jewel.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh my GOD, @rjisaterp you have given me a good cry for my day. My heart is broken for you. I am so sorry. We all have known your "kids" for a long time and feel like they were ours too. I know the pain. Please stay with us. :heart:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh my GOD, @rjisaterp you have given me a good cry for my day. My heart is broken for you. I am so sorry. We all have known your "kids" for a long time and feel like they were ours too. I know the pain. Please stay with us. :heart:
Thannx Lynn. Love you.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I am so, so sorry to read that Jewel has passed. Please accept my condolences.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I didn't expect to read this today. I'm literally in tears, OMG I'm so very sorry...

I guess I don't have to tell you that you've been thru pure hell my friend... between the fire, the losses and everything in between. Like Lynn stated we've known your babies for SO long they are family... this one hurts deeply. I know you did everything for your babies, above & beyond... and they both will be waiting for you at the bridge.

RIP sweet Jewel... and so many hugs & prayers to you & the family. XXOO :angelheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I’m devastated…. My heart is crushing! I’m so sorry … . Crying and praying and send hugs for you both. so much loss for you both.
rest well sweet beautiful Jewel… you are free of pain and will ALWAYS be in Daddy’s heart!

love you Roger.. and please let us know if we can do anything.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I’m devastated…. My heart is crushing! I’m so sorry … . Crying and praying and send hugs for you both. so much loss for you both.
rest well sweet beautiful Jewel… you are free of pain and will ALWAYS be in Daddy’s heart!

love you Roger.. and please let us know if we can do anything.
Thank you Christine. Love EBN.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh gosh... I didn't expect to read this today. I'm literally in tears, OMG I'm so very sorry...

I guess I don't have to tell you that you've been thru pure hell my friend... between the fire, the losses and everything in between. Like Lynn stated we've known your babies for SO long they are family... this one hurts deeply. I know you did everything for your babies, above & beyond... and they both will be waiting for you at the bridge.

RIP sweet Jewel... and so many hugs & prayers to you & the family. XXOO :angelheart:
Thank you Tracey. We appreciate your kind words.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I am so sorry...
You did all you could do for her, Roger. Her time had come and you let her go. I thank you so much for being the best Bulldog parents Jewel could ask for.
I hope and pray that the rest of '22 is positive.
Rest in peace, girl.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry...
You did all you could do for her, Roger. Her time had come and you let her go. I thank you so much for being the best Bulldog parents Jewel could ask for.
I hope and pray that the rest of '22 is positive.
Rest in peace, girl.
Thank you Chip.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh god just what you don’t want to read. This has been a horrific year for you and the family. I’m so so sorry Roger. You definitely were the best papa your puppies could have asked for. Hopefully 2022 will turned around.

R.I.P. Jewel and now run freely with Bentley ❤️

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.