sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank God she is better. I get so nervous when I take my cookie for her name clippings and long rides in the car.
YES YES YES!!!!! It was awful with all of the vet appointments for her eyes, but we had no idea. I was actually alone, driving with Joey on the way to the vet when the respiratory distress got really bad. Thank you for your caring words!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh Sue.... I am so sorry to read through this message. It brought me to tears because I can imagine how horrifying it was for you.

I am so relieved that Joey has come through this. What a fighter your sweet girl is. Continued prayers for you both.
After reading that this happened possibly due to something during her nail trim.. I immediately thought about the last time i took my 2 in to the vet for their trim. It was the first time since covid we (the parents) were allowed to come inside again instead of sitting in our cars.

While Stella was getting her trim, one tech holding stella while the nurse trimmed. The way the tech had her arms wrapped around stella one arm was right under her throat and forcing her head upward.. Stella started breathing funny, and i quickly told the girl you need to move your arm.. i actually moved it for her. It was as if she was applying too much pressure trying to keep stella in the position she wanted and it was making it hard for her to breathe. It all worked out fine but all the way home i couldn't help think i need to watch her like a hawk and make sure she is breathing, drinking and eating fine. She was fine, but i will now never allow them to be taken back without me, ever, for any reason. Had i not been in there could she have accidentally done damage?

I wonder if something like this could have happened to your Joey?
Whatever the cause, I am so grateful Joey is home and doing fine.

Please give her kisses and hugs from me and my crew. XXXOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
OMG how scary !!!! I would have moved her arm too!!!! For six years Joey has gone to the same place for nails, every other week and would shake like a leaf but would go right in, I was never allowed in the room. I want all bully owners to be sure that they have eyes on there pups at all times!! It is quite possible that the "new" tech that did Joey the day before held her incorrectly or she fell and hit her neck. I will never, ever point fingers but it's a possibility for sure, we will never know and that is OK because we have put everything in place to NEVER EVER put her through any stressful rides to the vet, nails, etc. all of her rides now are HAPPY RIDES to see her auntie. Thank you so, so, so much for your care, concern, and the hugs and kisses for Joey!!!! For days I would whisper in her ear "you're not done Joey, more life ahead" over and over again and she came home!!!!!! I really cannot explain how very, very blessed I feel !!!!!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
OMG how scary !!!! I would have moved her arm too!!!! For six years Joey has gone to the same place for nails, every other week and would shake like a leaf but would go right in, I was never allowed in the room. I want all bully owners to be sure that they have eyes on there pups at all times!! It is quite possible that the "new" tech that did Joey the day before held her incorrectly or she fell and hit her neck. I will never, ever point fingers but it's a possibility for sure, we will never know and that is OK because we have put everything in place to NEVER EVER put her through any stressful rides to the vet, nails, etc. all of her rides now are HAPPY RIDES to see her auntie. Thank you so, so, so much for your care, concern, and the hugs and kisses for Joey!!!! For days I would whisper in her ear "you're not done Joey, more life ahead" over and over again and she came home!!!!!! I really cannot explain how very, very blessed I feel !!!!!
i completely understand and i am so so glad for you that you have had a happy ending.. I'm in tears if you really want to know.. lol....
They are our lives... i swear everything else is just not that important.. SO glad that you will have many many more happy days ahead! Kisses to Joey and Hugs to you!!!!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
i completely understand and i am so so glad for you that you have had a happy ending.. I'm in tears if you really want to know.. lol....
They are our lives... i swear everything else is just not that important.. SO glad that you will have many many more happy days ahead! Kisses to Joey and Hugs to you!!!!!
Thank you so much friend!!!! I sure do understand the tears. It's amazing how our pups form such bonds in our lives, AGREE.....everything else is just not that important. What is it about our "kids"? The pure love is priceless!!!!!!! Hugs back!!!!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Sooooooo nice to hear great news like that and what a beautiful photograph :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Omg! When I saw the title of your thread. I was scared to death to read it… I am SO glad that she’s home with you on the mend. I’m so sorry for the days you must have went through!
Oh thanks so very much! It took some time to exhale but we have and Joey is great!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey is a warrior!! I am glad she pulled through
Thank you so much Wes!!!!!! I have been so very, very thankful to have her home and healthy for Christmas!!!!

Big bully hugs from Sue and Joey

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.