My dog has demodex

jfulen

Dec 19, 2015
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly "Harley" Quinn Mayhem
I wanted to post a quick follow-up. Harley had her four week follow-up. There is no sign of Demodex on my bully-girl!!! I am firm believer in Bravecto.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wanted to post a quick follow-up. Harley had her four week follow-up. There is no sign of Demodex on my bully-girl!!! I am firm believer in Bravecto.

Awesome news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jimkellyjr

Jul 26, 2016
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Poor Chief is still fighting it. I have been giving him the ivermectin and it clears him up, but it keeps coming back. I'm just hoping his immune system will eventually be strong enough to fight it off.

O-G Bullies

Aug 1, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf and Gizmo
Our Olaf was diagnosed with demodex and the vet wanted to dip him and give him pills. We decided to get a second opinion with a dermatologist and she said no to the dips because he wasn't infested with them. She said dips are only for dogs who are infested. She gave him Bravecto and an antibiotic and he was cleared from it. You should definitely ask your vet about Bravecto if you already haven't. Hope this helps!

OP
J

jimkellyjr

Jul 26, 2016
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Chief is currently on Bravecto for flea control. He had the dips. I started using the ivermec as a last resort. It seems to work for him but I don't want to have to continue it for the long term.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.