My dog has a growth on her stomach area-What is it? PLEASE HELP!!!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
This we noticed a few days ago when brushing her, my retriever has this odd looking growth, I can easily move it, I attached a photo of the top and bottom of it. Top photo is the top of it, and the bottom photo is what the bottom of it looks like.

My other retriever has had tumours in the last from her apoquel a couple years ago, this does NOT look or feel what the tumour on my other dog felt like. This is something different.
The retrievers also have cysts that are NOT harmful, but this breed itā€™s common for cysts, but this is definitely different.

Is this a skin tag, or wart????

Itā€™s kind of soft, itā€™s NOT hard.

What does it look like to you all??

Have any of you seen something like this and knows what it is????
This is the same dog I asked about the possible broken tooth, she is the healthiest of all my 3 dogs.

Please anyone know what this is???
1675754101220.jpeg

1675754120083.jpeg

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Probably needs to have a biopsy.

Looks like papilloma, maybe?

OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
@2BullyMama you know thisā€¦.has that name we keep looking forā€¦ā€¦.
You know exactly what this is??

I havenā€™t seen this kind of growth before and Iā€™m concerned. She is the healthiest of all my dogs, Luna is not doing well, I sure hope nothing serious is wrong with Sadey, this and the tooth in the other thread, so frustrating!

Is this something serious @2BullyMama what is this??

OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Probably needs to have a biopsy.

Looks like papilloma, maybe?
Thank you for your response.

The problem with Sadey is we donā€™t want to sedate her cause she has kidney disease, and she didnā€™t come out of anesthesia from her spay well.

I might see if my other vet, if she will maybe cut it off and stitch it up WITHOUT sedating her if we hold her.

What do you think of her Damaged Tooth in my other thread(see photo in that thread), I am nervous about any new growth in my dogs, but also cause my other golden retriever(8.5 years old) she was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer 1 month ago unfortunately(her dad passed from cancer at age 7, so the genetics is the cause as well as the apoquel she used to be on but she hasnā€™t had it for over 2 years now).

This retriever that has this tooth issue and this growth is only 7 years(she just turned 7 a week ago), she is the healthiest of all the dogs.

I do want to know exactly what it is, but I want your opinions on this too, I also hope we can somehow get it removed and biopsy WITHOUT sedating her.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Histiocytoma. Jax has had several of them and they have never been black. Any kind of lump or bump should be looked at by a vet.

A biopsy really should be done and doing it without sedation just sounds beyond painful. They can sedate without going under full anesthesia. But in any event, a vet trip is warranted.

OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Histiocytoma. Jax has had several of them and they have never been black. Any kind of lump or bump should be looked at by a vet.

A biopsy really should be done and doing it without sedation just sounds beyond painful. They can sedate without going under full anesthesia. But in any event, a vet trip is warranted.

Thank you very much for your response!

Is that Histiocytoma tumour??

Ok I will see when we can make a appointment for Sadey. Wonā€™t the sedation effect her kidneys since she has kidney disease??

What do you think of her tooth in my other thread?? Does it look broken to you, or is it just a slab fracture? The top piece I can move, but the tooth itself I canā€™t move.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thank you very much for your response!

Is that Histiocytoma tumour??

Ok I will see when we can make a appointment for Sadey. Wonā€™t the sedation effect her kidneys since she has kidney disease??

What do you think of her tooth in my other thread?? Does it look broken to you, or is it just a slab fracture? The top piece I can move, but the tooth itself I canā€™t move.
All bumps are pretty much tumors. A histiocytoma is benign and usually absorbs and goes away on its own but I have never seen a black one before.

As far as sedation and kidneys goes, that is a conversation best to have with your vet. The tooth issue might not turn out to be a big deal and something she can live with just fine. But again, have your vet take a look.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

THIS!!! :goodpost:

OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
That mole would be called a melanocytoma, because it is black. Many are non cancerous, but everyone is right-it needs to be checked.

So you think itā€™s a mole or a Tumour??

I will have it checked, itā€™s a matter of finding the time, itā€™s usually takes weeks to get a vet appointment here cause they are always fully booked!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... hysto-thingy! @Cbrugs knows the real name, I have total brain block on the name for some reason, But if it is that, the body will reabsorb it and it is harmless.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.