My 6 month old keeps peeing in his bed ad around the house even tho I’m constantly taking him in the garden

Jade- bully

Mar 3, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
My bulldog is 6 mo this and he keeps peeing on his bed and on my sofa he is also still peeing around the house even tho I’m taking him in the garden frequently, there is no sign of him being toilet trained and letting me know he needs to go out. It’s starting to really get me down. What am I doing wrong.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
If he's not kenneled, get him a kennel(nothing bigger than an 18"x30"). Do NOT put bedding in it. From now on he sleeps in a bare kennel. Many think that a bare kennel is cruel. That's total BS. My dogs willingly sleep hours away on our hardwood floors and outside on a wooden deck...even when dog beds are available. There's nothing cruel about it.

When he's not being closely supervised, kennel him. Watch for him sniffing around and if you see him sniffing, yell at him to distract him and immediately lead him outside. Do not let him back in until he pees. While he's outside, constantly tell him, "Go Potty!" until he goes and then reward him with anything he likes...food treats are best.

Do not ever allow him on any furniture or your bedding. Try all of the aforementioned, before doing anything else...like neutering.

All this, assuming he's been Vet checked for a UTI.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My bulldog is 6 mo this and he keeps peeing on his bed and on my sofa he is also still peeing around the house even tho I’m taking him in the garden frequently, there is no sign of him being toilet trained and letting me know he needs to go out. It’s starting to really get me down. What am I doing wrong.
I’m with OscarMayer. Great advice.

Have you had him checked for a urine infection? Cause they will pee here n there frequently. Just a though :)

OP
Jade- bully

Jade- bully

Mar 3, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
If he's not kenneled, get him a kennel(nothing bigger than an 18"x30"). Do NOT put bedding in it. From now on he sleeps in a bare kennel. Many think that a bare kennel is cruel. That's total BS. My dogs willingly sleep hours away on our hardwood floors and outside on a wooden deck...even when dog beds are available. There's nothing cruel about it.

When he's not being closely supervised, kennel him. Watch for him sniffing around and if you see him sniffing, yell at him to distract him and immediately lead him outside. Do not let him back in until he pees. While he's outside, constantly tell him, "Go Potty!" until he goes and then reward him with anything he likes...food treats are best.

Do not ever allow him on any furniture or your bedding. Try all of the aforementioned, before doing anything else...like neutering.

All this, assuming he's been Vet checked for a UTI.
Thank you I will try doing that, I’ve been vets this week and checked for UTI but all is fine. I will get rid of his bed we have bought him 4 beds so far and every single one he owes in over and over again to the point my house stinks of dog pee. Any type of blanket, pillow duvet sofa he will pee on plus he owes any where in the house too. It’s real hard work but I will definitely do what you suggested. Thank you

OP
Jade- bully

Jade- bully

Mar 3, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I’m with OscarMayer. Great advice.

Have you had him checked for a urine infection? Cause they will pee here n there frequently. Just a though :)
Yes I had him checked this week no infection .I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve now stopped him from coming on the sofa but he still will jump up constantly he is quiet naughty

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes I had him checked this week no infection .I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve now stopped him from coming on the sofa but he still will jump up constantly he is quiet naught

Follow Chip’s advice. This is a stubborn breed. also remove drinking water after 6pm.
⬆️⬆️⬆️
My post went above. I don’t know why sorry about that 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP
Jade- bully

Jade- bully

Mar 3, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
⬆️⬆️⬆️
My post went above. I don’t know why sorry about that 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you so much for the advice I will most definitely be doing this from now on. He is definitely pushing it with me. Love him to bits but boy is he hard work 😩

YottosMammy

Jan 11, 2023
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Yotto
Thank you I will try doing that, I’ve been vets this week and checked for UTI but all is fine. I will get rid of his bed we have bought him 4 beds so far and every single one he owes in over and over again to the point my house stinks of dog pee. Any type of blanket, pillow duvet sofa he will pee on plus he owes any where in the house too. It’s real hard work but I will definitely do what you suggested. Thank you
My dog is exactly the same. 1 year old and will pee on anything soft, beds, bedding, cushions, throws. I tried training him as a pup on puppy pads and he will wee on them but anything else thats soft also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online