Monday update on Ranger

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
This is going to be long so please bear with me. So, he aspirated into his lungs Thursday night, went into the vet hospital Thursday night, was listed as critical Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He is now listed as stable. They will not go as far as to tell me he is out of the woods. His breathing is still very labored, not regular English bulldog labored but the "I only have one lung to breath with" labored, they're doing every single thing they can for him, they are actually going above and beyond for him. Someone is with him 24/7 so he is not left alone. At all. He is on a ton of medications. Antibiotics, fluid pills, blood pressure medications, Albuterol inhalers, he's still in the oxygen tent as well. IV fluids. Our very trusted Vet for over 15 years said to me today when she saw us on Thursday night she didn't have the heart to look at me and tell me that she didn't think he was going to make it. Everyone in their office was preparing for the worst. You see Ranger is the mascot in their office and everyone loves him to pieces he is such a sweet spirit and such a lovely dog. He isn't eating well but he seems much more lively today. All goes well we will begin to wean some things off and hopefully home by the end of the week. I've been told EB's don't come back from this severe of a case. I truly hope Ranger is the exception to the rule and proves everyone wrong. Thanks again y'all. My heart is wrecked and I barely know what to do with myself. I thank y'all so, so much. I feel the prayers and well wishes. Much love. Ashley and Ranger ❤️
X-ray is from today and compared to Thursday's is phenomenally better. You can actually see his left lung!!
c982052d36c4d82ba4f1c861a32884e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh Ashley, my heart is with you. Hang tight!! Ranger is a tough little guy. His xray looks much better for sure. "Aspirated into his lungs" is the bully world. Ranger is in such good hands from what you're posting. Your little mascot will be home soon!! :assurred:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So glad to hear Ranger is stable now. As Helene said, it sounds like he is in great hands. When Jax was in the hospital, it comforted me to know someone was always there with him. Me, Louie and Jax are sending all of our positive vibes for a quick recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for this update and good to hear Ranger is so well taken care of. All the best and hugs from Castor & Co.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Such great news to see first thing in the morning!! I am glad to hear that he is doing better! Praying he will be home with you real soon!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad to hear that he's hanging in there, we are still praying!!! How did he aspirate, did he vomit or something? I guess I missed that thread...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Best news to get this morning.. Ashley, i woke up with prayer this morning in hopes that I would hear this good news. I thank our good father for every day that he gives with this kid if yours.. hang in there mama, keep the faith, and keep us informed :-) .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=16788]Ranger777[/MENTION]7 thank you for the update.... I'm praying very hard for Ranger... he is strong and has a great vet -- he will pull through and be home soon

[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji177]❤️

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
GREAT update!! Keep it up Ranger!!

I seem to be posting to 2 DIFFERENT threads about this, so SORRY......I will try to find the right one and post to just one. HAHAHA

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
GREAT update!! Keep it up Ranger!!

I seem to be posting to 2 DIFFERENT threads about this, so SORRY......I will try to find the right one and post to just one. HAHAHA
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] I posted under general bulldog talk but then decided to add the pictures. I don't know how to delete the other thread 🤷🏼*♀️ sorry!!

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
[MENTION=16788]Ranger777[/MENTION]7 thank you for the update.... I'm praying very hard for Ranger... he is strong and has a great vet -- he will pull through and be home soon

[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji177]❤️

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thank you, we feel your prayers! He's improving quickly and from what I heard when it's this bad it usually doesn't turn out this good. So we feel blessed beyond measure ❤️

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Best news to get this morning.. Ashley, i woke up with prayer this morning in hopes that I would hear this good news. I thank our good father for every day that he gives with this kid if yours.. hang in there mama, keep the faith, and keep us informed :-) .
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] thank you for you prayers. We need then and we feel them. Can't thank you enough! ❤️

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
I'm glad to hear that he's hanging in there, we are still praying!!! How did he aspirate, did he vomit or something? I guess I missed that thread...
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] he did vomit and then passed out. The aspiration was quite severe. Thank you for your prayers!! ❤️

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Oh Ashley, my heart is with you. Hang tight!! Ranger is a tough little guy. His xray looks much better for sure. "Aspirated into his lungs" is the bully world. Ranger is in such good hands from what you're posting. Your little mascot will be home soon!! :assurred:
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] thank you, it makes me feel better to know we are on the right track!

So this happens often with EB's?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.