Devneck

May 18, 2015
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilah
Hello everybody.

This is Mona Bonehead. She's a couple weeks from 6 months old.

20210924_194409.jpg

20210928_203857.jpg
20210928_203952.jpg

I do have a couple questions. She looks to be about 15.5-16 inches in height to shoulder. Isn't that pretty tall? I keep reading that English bulldog female is 14" full grown and at they don't reach full height until about a year. She's also about 37 lbs last I weighed her.

I'm also curious about how small her head is compared to other bullies i see pictures of.

Breeder gave me AKC paperwork, although I have not registered her. Not sure I should or anything since I'm having her spayed next month.

OP
Devneck

Devneck

May 18, 2015
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilah
Oops, just realized I put this in photos and videos section. My mistake, on my phone and didn't realize I had gone lower into subsection

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Bulldogs, AKC or not, come in all sizes. We've had tall, short, long, stubby, wide, narrow, and every possible size in between. Sometimes you get a big head and sometimes not.
As a general rule, the better the overall breeding the more likely to conform to the AKC breeding standard...which, IIRC, is set by the Bulldog Club of America.
IMO, the 2 most important attributes of ANY bulldog not bred for the ring would be health and personality.
Socialize your little one(with dogs and people) as much as possible and stay on top of the physical maintenance.
Enjoy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is just a youngster. As she gets older, her head will widen. As Chip stated, all bullies are different. Do not compare, just love her for who she is. All my girls are spayed-and registered-though it's not necessary!
She is a pretty one!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN… love the brindle! As stated… they come in all shape and sizes.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Gorgeous girl! As already stated no matter what you might read there is no “average” when it comes to bully’s :)
and generally there heads widen when they are older.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online