Missing our precious Meaty !!!

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Hi fellow bulldog lovers,
I still can't believe that our Meaty is gone---he turned THIRTEEN in November 2021....which was pawsome !!!!
It's been 3 weeks, and I am still crying so often, and it has just WORN ME DOWN! My hubby took succcch
great care of them and misses them terribly, too.

We ALSO lost our 9-year-old bulldog Sophie back in June of 2020---so, THREE doggies lost during
this "damn-demic!" Grieving her has been complicated.....since her death was partially due
to vet error in the emergency hospital.

Aside from Meaty, 2 weeks before he died, our sweet, adopted pug also died. Ugh, as if that wasn't heartbreaking
enough !!!! He only adopted us in Sept. of 2020, so we're thankful for the almost year-and-a-half that he
was with us! He had multiple health issues, but with pawsome vet care, we believed he had at least 2-3 years left.

This is Meaty on his birthday, along with his sweet precious brother Little Guy :luv:
His EYES expressed such tenderness and love----it's soo hard to look at his piks and videos!

dYMFiBg.jpg

Awww.....this pik cracks me UP! :tongue: I love the way Meaty doesn't mind that Little Guy has his paw
in his face.
N3TKv5c.jpg

00cDWY3.jpg

My sweeet Meaty-tine in 2016
LUUkAH3.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I'm so very sorry for your losses. Meaty's eyes look so sweet, and he lived to be 13... that is amazing. It looks like they had a wonderful life w/you and your family :heart:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
That's a lot to endure in a short time...my deepest sympathies for your losses.
When we experience the loss of a canine family member we TRY to find comfort in knowing that that loss opens the door for another rescue that needs us. Filling those empty spaces left by the losses has always helped with the healing.
You have done great work getting Meaty to 13 years...never question that remarkable accomplishment...and TYVM for rescuing!

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending love and prayers for you. I do know the feeling of these losses, and the hurt and sadness that comes with it. Been there too many times.Thank you for the pics of your beautiful dogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So much loss and pain in a short period of time… so very sorry. Know they are always with you and try to focus on all the great memories.

sending hugs and love to you all

rest well sweet babies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.