Miss Hop Along

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, ripe it off 3x, fixed it, has a hot spot, working on that, now wears a cone n still finds a way trying to remove it. Like crap manā€¦
Duke reincarnated!! Keeping you on your toes!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh no! Thatā€™s terrible,

Itā€™s so frustrating when that happens, especially when some dogs are cone experts and bend the cone so they can get to the sore!

One of my dogs is a cone expert and actually found a way to take it fully off!

Hopefully with the cone on, she wonā€™t be able to get to it as easily.

Hopefully she heals up and stops taking it off, itā€™s so hard to keep them calm especially when they are young.
Ohhh sheā€™s the expert alright. The cone she has its made with this thick hard plastic with a thick nylon around the neck. Like almost impossible for her to break. Pffft, she cracked it, made dents in it n Iā€™m now using Gorilla tape as itā€™s stronger than duct tape to hold the crack lolllā€¦but hey itā€™s working šŸ‘ sheā€™s got another 1.5 week to go so Iā€™m stretching it. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Ohhh sheā€™s the expert alright. The cone she has its made with this thick hard plastic with a thick nylon around the neck. Like almost impossible for her to break. Pffft, she cracked it, made dents in it n Iā€™m now using Gorilla tape as itā€™s stronger than duct tape to hold the crack lolllā€¦but hey itā€™s working šŸ‘ sheā€™s got another 1.5 week to go so Iā€™m stretching it.

They are definitely very smart, hopefully she recovers fast and stays calm for the remaining 1.5 weeks, but it can definitely be hard when they are young and also when they are cone experts! Hopefully the gorilla tape keeps the cone together for the reminder of recovery!

Keep me updated.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
They are definitely very smart, hopefully she recovers fast and stays calm for the remaining 1.5 weeks, but it can definitely be hard when they are young and also when they are cone experts! Hopefully the gorilla tape keeps the cone together for the reminder of recovery!

Keep me updated.
She cried in the night so definitely something isnā€™t right. Took everything off n she has 4 hot spots šŸ¤¬

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She cried in the night so definitely something isnā€™t right. Took everything off n she has 4 hot spots šŸ¤¬
UGH!! how is she today?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
UGH!! how is she today?
I know itā€™s an EB forum n not for other breeds but in this case Iā€™m showing how bad HS can spread even on EB or any dogs, cats n showing members to be on the ball. HS are basically like a Blister/Cold sore which can spread. Yes it spreads. Sadie had one HS. I did use NuStock on it. 2 days later it started to smell again and I removed the splint again. When I saw her paw as per photo I freaked out n was so mad at that vet which wasnā€™t my vet as he was in surgery. It was blistered flesh hanging n one area was going green. Now definitely you need to stop putting anything thatā€™s moisture. These sores needed a drying agent immediately. I hated to do this but last resort was water n a lot of salt. Water needs to taste like the ocean basically. I soaked her whole foot in the bucket of salty water for a good 5 mins n twirling the water with my hand. I also made sure I used my finger to go in between her toes n all. Dried her foot n let it air dry and no I did not rinse with fresh water. It was like night n day. The salt completely cleaned n dried up the sores as you can see the last 2 photos. I decided to remove the splint completely. Itā€™s a broken toes n as we all know not much anyone can do for a broken toe. Plus it wasnt broken as it wasnā€™t completely out. Not at all. Yesterday she stopped hopping n started to put her foot down n walking on it. She does lift it outside as itā€™s still fresh. I do put her a small vet wrap to protect the sores. I just finished soaking it again n sheā€™s sleeping. Yes the cone needs to be on. One more thing, yes do shave around the HS. In my case since it was on the paw n pads plus sheā€™s a long hair dog I used hairdresser scissors that cuts to the tip of the blades.

So to all furballs members out there, ā€œextremeā€ HotSpots, salt is the key.

Attachments

• 6AC25167-3DD1-4718-AA32-FB211C697B2B.jpeg
    6AC25167-3DD1-4718-AA32-FB211C697B2B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 9CE86990-A276-4CC3-B8AE-81AAA009B665.jpeg
    9CE86990-A276-4CC3-B8AE-81AAA009B665.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • F6217074-89BF-493A-A209-1B3F13B1088B.jpeg
    F6217074-89BF-493A-A209-1B3F13B1088B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 73332158-75D7-451B-9A97-84AE91B7DBA2.jpeg
    73332158-75D7-451B-9A97-84AE91B7DBA2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 36F3E908-63D3-4196-9259-16F35E8563A5.jpeg
    36F3E908-63D3-4196-9259-16F35E8563A5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know itā€™s an EB forum n not for other breeds but in this case Iā€™m showing how bad HS can spread even on EB or any dogs, cats n showing members to be on the ball. HS are basically like a Blister/Cold sore which can spread. Yes it spreads. Sadie had one HS. I did use NuStock on it. 2 days later it started to smell again and I removed the splint again. When I saw her paw as per photo I freaked out n was so mad at that vet which wasnā€™t my vet as he was in surgery. It was blistered flesh hanging n one area was going green. Now definitely you need to stop putting anything thatā€™s moisture. These sores needed a drying agent immediately. I hated to do this but last resort was water n a lot of salt. Water needs to taste like the ocean basically. I soaked her whole foot in the bucket of salty water for a good 5 mins n twirling the water with my hand. I also made sure I used my finger to go in between her toes n all. Dried her foot n let it air dry and no I did not rinse with fresh water. It was like night n day. The salt completely cleaned n dried up the sores as you can see the last 2 photos. I decided to remove the splint completely. Itā€™s a broken toes n as we all know not much anyone can do for a broken toe. Plus it wasnt broken as it wasnā€™t completely out. Not at all. Yesterday she stopped hopping n started to put her foot down n walking on it. She does lift it outside as itā€™s still fresh. I do put her a small vet wrap to protect the sores. I just finished soaking it again n sheā€™s sleeping. Yes the cone needs to be on. One more thing, yes do shave around the HS. In my case since it was on the paw n pads plus sheā€™s a long hair dog I used hairdresser scissors that cuts to the tip of the blades.

So to all furballs members out there, ā€œextremeā€ HotSpots, salt is the key.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! your poor girl.... so sorry she and you went through all that - what a mess. happy you got her healing up and out of discomfort.

And, for the record, just because this is a bulldog forum, we still care about all your other babies!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OH MY GOODNESS!!! your poor girl.... so sorry she and you went through all that - what a mess. happy you got her healing up and out of discomfort.

And, for the record, just because this is a bulldog forum, we still care about all your other babies!
I know, I still respect it. But yes Iā€™ll post things like this so if it happens to others theyā€™ll know what to do.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How is Sadie today? Hopefully getting better?
Her HS are almost dried up. Just the one above her pad, thereā€™s another little pad up there. Sheā€™s limping today but not much. She bolted out the door. Another puppy moment. I raised my voice n she stopped immediately. I now have her go out along without the other 2 n sheā€™s in the house more often. Itā€™s an acreage right so for her itā€™s freedom n no leash. Thanks for asking šŸ˜Š

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Her HS are almost dried up. Just the one above her pad, thereā€™s another little pad up there. Sheā€™s limping today but not much. She bolted out the door. Another puppy moment. I raised my voice n she stopped immediately. I now have her go out along without the other 2 n sheā€™s in the house more often. Itā€™s an acreage right so for her itā€™s freedom n no leash. Thanks for asking šŸ˜Š

Thatā€™s great they are healing up, hopefully she stays calm enough to let it heal for the last little bit. šŸ˜Š
Itā€™s definitely hard when they are young to keep them calm.

Keep me updated šŸ˜Š

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh dang!!!!!!! she is gorgeous!!!! and.............. slow down lil girl :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh dang!!!!!!! she is gorgeous!!!! and.............. slow down lil girl :)
Sheā€™s now 15 months neither of us has slow down. Teenage rebel šŸ¤¬

Sheā€™s a farm dog. Sadly sheā€™s not socializing much. I need to bring her out more.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online