Marty’s natures blend raw?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yes definitely great advice you gave.

1 thing though, for Puppies on raw diet, it’s 12-15% bone content, but no more than 15% of the diet should be bone(I know this from the raw dog food nutrition course), if you give more than 15% they are getting too much calcium and phosphorus.

I follow the Prey-Model guidelines. I think it's been 12 years since I've been doing this.

Before I learned PMR, all I know about raw feeding was the "Filipino farm style" raw feeding - just throw an entire chicken or bird or monkey, etc., at the dog, dead or alive, and have them eat what they want and leave what they don't want for the other critters. The city folks - like my mother, who when I was growing up had a dozen dogs at one time - do the table-scraps dog feeding style. Basically, my mom cooks for the humans and anything that doesn't end up in a human's stomach gets fed to the dogs, anything that the dogs don't eat gets fed to the cats, anything the cats don't eat gets fed to the pigs and chickens. Yeah, there's a certain food hierarchy there, unless you have fighting cocks - they get fed better than the humans. Hah hah.

Pedigree made it to the Filipino import markets (high-end stores for high-falutin' people, hah!) and is so super expensive only rich people can afford it. What irony - the poor people's dogs are eating better than the rich people's dogs.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I follow the Prey-Model guidelines. I think it's been 12 years since I've been doing this.

Before I learned PMR, all I know about raw feeding was the "Filipino farm style" raw feeding - just throw an entire chicken or bird or monkey, etc., at the dog, dead or alive, and have them eat what they want and leave what they don't want for the other critters. The city folks - like my mother, who when I was growing up had a dozen dogs at one time - do the table-scraps dog feeding style. Basically, my mom cooks for the humans and anything that doesn't end up in a human's stomach gets fed to the dogs, anything that the dogs don't eat gets fed to the cats, anything the cats don't eat gets fed to the pigs and chickens. Yeah, there's a certain food hierarchy there, unless you have fighting cocks - they get fed better than the humans. Hah hah.

Pedigree made it to the Filipino import markets (high-end stores for high-falutin' people, hah!) and is so super expensive only rich people can afford it. What irony - the poor people's dogs are eating better than the rich people's dogs.

You have Been feeding raw diet for 12 years? That’s a long time!

I did a nutrition course on Prey model Raw diet and it says 12-15% bone for puppies but I guess if you go with 15% bone , both of us are right😊

Interesting on how the dogs were fed back in the day! Human food!!
Now sadly tons of dogs end up with so Many diseases because of the processed commercial kibbles.☹️

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.