Louise

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
What could these lumps be? Some are like patches of hair missing. Some are like hard mole like things. Seem to be getting worse. Going to vet tomorrow with both dogs for parvo shots. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is from pics? Itā€™s hard to keep her still to get good pictures of it.

4B5E7F10-7895-4F7D-A2AF-B6A9505F4744.jpeg
90EDC1FC-F015-4884-8682-B6765CDD295A.jpeg

Attachments

• EC08E8BF-2D47-4B77-A54C-9A042F10D731.jpeg
    EC08E8BF-2D47-4B77-A54C-9A042F10D731.jpeg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 6679C36A-1AD6-47D9-B4EA-67822A9D7C9D.jpeg
    6679C36A-1AD6-47D9-B4EA-67822A9D7C9D.jpeg
    936.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 5DC7AF6E-8593-4807-BBD8-B16A01B9D5D5.jpeg
    5DC7AF6E-8593-4807-BBD8-B16A01B9D5D5.jpeg
    907.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 0479E5EA-7484-42C8-ACF7-42CC7355A81A.jpeg
    0479E5EA-7484-42C8-ACF7-42CC7355A81A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Looks like what Jake gets when he n Sadie plays. Bite marks.
Really? Actually that makes a lot of sense. Sheā€™s already had her cheek bloodied up and scabbed from Chief biting it. Good. Rather it be scabs than something like allergies or other skin problems.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Really? Actually that makes a lot of sense. Sheā€™s already had her cheek bloodied up and scabbed from Chief biting it. Good. Rather it be scabs than something like allergies or other skin problems.
You see it better on a white hair like yours or Jake. It goes away but if they play fight often not much you can do.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
What could these lumps be? Some are like patches of hair missing. Some are like hard mole like things. Seem to be getting worse. Going to vet tomorrow with both dogs for parvo shots. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is from pics? Itā€™s hard to keep her still to get good pictures of it.

View attachment 123005View attachment 123006

Does she itch???

Looks like the bumps/hives that my dog gets during flare up from allergies.

Does she itch, or have them anywhere else?? If thatā€™s where the other pup bites her when playing it can be from him biting while playing, but if she is itchy, it could be allergies.

Does the other pup have them on him from her biting him?

It looks like allergic bumps/hives, but it also could be bite marks.
If she is itchy or it gets worse, then she could be allergic to pollen or grasses or the food she is eating.
Are they still on Bil-Jac?? I hope I remembered the food correctly, if not what is it that your feeding??

Red paws, or any other spots on her anywhere else??

Also I would be worried about them gonna get infected, I would watch them and make sure they donā€™t get worse cause if itā€™s from the other pup from playing or from allergies, itā€™s easy for those spots to get infected(my dog gets them sometimes from allergies and he gets skin infections when he gets lots of those sores/bumps, doesnā€™t take long for them to get infected), just watch it to make sure it healsšŸ˜Š

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
The Vet suspected Dermadex? Not sure the spelling, or if thats even accurate. She doesn't itch them.
Vet did a skin scrape and although it wasn't positive for "dermadex" ? She gave chlorehexidine spray to treat it.

Thanks guys for your help! I think it may be play / bite marks, but then again when I inspect the rest of her, where she's black, I can't seem to find anymore marks. Like I said, they don't seem to bother her at all, but I've read so much about all their potential allergies. I hope I'm lucky and they have zero allergies :LOL:

And I am still feeding bil-jac. Along with snacks:
carrots, cauliflower, watermelon, frozen green beans, plain greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. As treats of course, so very little of each. They love it.

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Does she itch???

Looks like the bumps/hives that my dog gets during flare up from allergies.

Does she itch, or have them anywhere else?? If thatā€™s where the other pup bites her when playing it can be from him biting while playing, but if she is itchy, it could be allergies.

Does the other pup have them on him from her biting him?

It looks like allergic bumps/hives, but it also could be bite marks.
If she is itchy or it gets worse, then she could be allergic to pollen or grasses or the food she is eating.
Are they still on Bil-Jac?? I hope I remembered the food correctly, if not what is it that your feeding??

Red paws, or any other spots on her anywhere else??

Also I would be worried about them gonna get infected, I would watch them and make sure they donā€™t get worse cause if itā€™s from the other pup from playing or from allergies, itā€™s easy for those spots to get infected(my dog gets them sometimes from allergies and he gets skin infections when he gets lots of those sores/bumps, doesnā€™t take long for them to get infected), just watch it to make sure it healsšŸ˜Š
No, no itching that I've noticed. No bites on the other puppy. Vet gave chlorehexidine spray, suspected dermadex.

Also the vet did a skin scrape test on it to test for dermadex. I dont know why but the vet didn't suspect bite marks. She said at this age we start looking for environmental or food allergies. I hope and pray she doesn't have bad allergies. I already have 2 skin babies that have horrible allergies and they suffer!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
The Vet suspected Dermadex? Not sure the spelling, or if thats even accurate. She doesn't itch them.
Vet did a skin scrape and although it wasn't positive for "dermadex" ? She gave chlorehexidine spray to treat it.

Thanks guys for your help! I think it may be play / bite marks, but then again when I inspect the rest of her, where she's black, I can't seem to find anymore marks. Like I said, they don't seem to bother her at all, but I've read so much about all their potential allergies. I hope I'm lucky and they have zero allergies :LOL:

And I am still feeding bil-jac. Along with snacks:
carrots, cauliflower, watermelon, frozen green beans, plain greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. As treats of course, so very little of each. They love it.

Is that mites the vet thinks?? I havenā€™t heard of that word before.

Hopefully itā€™s not allergies and just a bite mark.

Great snacks.

I would still recommend getting them onto a better kibble if you want a Kibble because itā€™s got some common allergy ingredients, such as corn and chicken by products.

Orijen
Natures logic
Acana(not the classic formulas-all the other formulas are good),

Carna 4 kibble

Just to name a fed high quality kibbles I recommend which are less likely to trigger an allergy.

Raw diet is good too, but I know some people want to feed kibble for convenience, thatā€™s why I listed really good brands.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
No, no itching that I've noticed. No bites on the other puppy. Vet gave chlorehexidine spray, suspected dermadex.

Also the vet did a skin scrape test on it to test for dermadex. I dont know why but the vet didn't suspect bite marks. She said at this age we start looking for environmental or food allergies. I hope and pray she doesn't have bad allergies. I already have 2 skin babies that have horrible allergies and they suffer!

Thatā€™s good she isnā€™t itchy.

If they think itā€™s allergies, I highly recommend getting her onto a better quality kibble or raw diet, I recommended some kibbles in my other reply, even if she doesnā€™t have allergies, the better food will keep her immune system good and hopefully no allergiesšŸ˜Š

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief

Great snacks.

I would still recommend getting them onto a better kibble if you want a Kibble because itā€™s got some common allergy ingredients, such as corn and chicken by products.

Orijen
Natures logic

Carna 4 kibble

Just to name a fed high quality kibbles I recommend which are less likely to trigger an allergy.

Raw diet is good too, but I know some people want to feed kibble for convenience, thatā€™s why I listed really good brands.
There are so many Acana's. Which 1 do you think? I know I need to get them on a better food. I do plan on going raw, once they are a bit older and done growing, and also once my young kids are back in school so I can dedicate more time to getting their meals balanced. I am starting to wonder if I'm not feeding them enough. They get a cup in the morning and a cup in the evening, and they scarf it down so fast. When they are done they look up at me like "thats it???" And Cheif tries to trample the rolling container that has their food in it. That's why I give them so many snacks throughout the day, because they seem like they're still hungry. The vet told me not to fall for the "always hungry" idea, because she said the best way to keep them healthy is to keep them fit.

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief

Great snacks.

Orijen
Natures logic

Carna 4 kibble

Yes the vet suspected a form of mites. She gave a dewormer and flea tick/mites chew thats supposed to be taken every 30 days.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Yes the vet suspected a form of mites. She gave a dewormer and flea tick/mites chew thats supposed to be taken every 30 days.

OMG, be careful of those chews! They are chemicals that cause neurological issues, they actually donā€™t get rid of fleas, just claim to prevent them.

My dog now deals with head tremors because of those!

Vets just push those chemical chewsā˜¹ļø

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
There are so many Acana's. Which 1 do you think? I know I need to get them on a better food. I do plan on going raw, once they are a bit older and done growing, and also once my young kids are back in school so I can dedicate more time to getting their meals balanced. I am starting to wonder if I'm not feeding them enough. They get a cup in the morning and a cup in the evening, and they scarf it down so fast. When they are done they look up at me like "thats it???" And Cheif tries to trample the rolling container that has their food in it. That's why I give them so many snacks throughout the day, because they seem like they're still hungry. The vet told me not to fall for the "always hungry" idea, because she said the best way to keep them healthy is to keep them fit.

Acana singles:
-Pork and butternut squash
-Duck and pear
-Lamb and apple

And also more good acana formulas:
Pacifica
Ranchlands
grasslands

All these are really good options!

Sounds like they just want more food!
If there weights are good and not skinny then I would continue with the amount of food your givingšŸ˜Š

Yes definitely keep them fit! They will continue giving you those eyes saying ā€œmore please, I want more foodā€ so try not to fall for it and gives tons of treatsšŸ˜Š

Thatā€™s good your considering raw going forward, but in the meantime you get get them into a much better kibblešŸ˜Š

I listed the really good formulas, but the only reason I suggested to stay away from Acana ā€˜Classicsā€™, Classic Red , wild coast, and a poultry one i forget what itā€™s called, only because itā€™s 50% oats and vegetables which I know the other formulas of Acana I listed above are really good.šŸ˜Š

Keep me updated!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.