Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Last night I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. Anthony (the boyfriend) lifts up the trash can which was sitting in the middle of the floor and says oh, look something is leaking from the trash. He takes the lid off and lifts the bag out and nope, nothing leaking. Me: Oh, maybe I spilled some water or something. I got some paper towels to clean up the mess and the paper towels turned yellow. Yup, not water but urine. And then you can see where the can got marked. Louie marked the kitchen trash.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
:unsure: are you sure it wasn't the cat!! Lol
So glad my male hasn't done that in the house! He has gotten Bella a couple of times though because she walked into it her self or he couldn't wait for her to finish her business. Yuck!!

Lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He was helping...he thought it smelled bad so he made it smell...uh...different

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He gets snipped on Thursday so we'll see if it makes a difference. I have heard that it does and I have heard it doesn't. Maybe each is different and only time will tell.
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] awhile back I took Louie over to the breeder's house for a visit and Louie was marking everywhere. A female was in a crate and he went over and lifted his leg and got her. I was mortified but they were laughing. They are probably used to it.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I had hoped by snipping it wouldn't be a problem, but it was.
It's crazy..Ty has this thing for the laundry basked. I try to keep the laundry room door closed for that reason, but still I have to go in sometimes, it's like he see's it and his whole face lights up 'there it is!!' he just can not resist the laundry basket.
I see him heading for it with that wild look in his eye; using our warning catch phrase 'NO SIR, NO Sir!" it's like he's in a trance, and we both race to it at the same time.
sometimes I win, sometimes I don't

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I had hoped by snipping it wouldn't be a problem, but it was.
It's crazy..Ty has this thing for the laundry basked. I try to keep the laundry room door closed for that reason, but still I have to go in sometimes, it's like he see's it and his whole face lights up 'there it is!!' he just can not resist the laundry basket.
I see him heading for it with that wild look in his eye; using our warning catch phrase 'NO SIR, NO Sir!" it's like he's in a trance, and we both race to it at the same time.
sometimes I win, sometimes I don't

Oh no!! Yeah, Louie's marking in the house is pretty recent. He got the toy bin a couple of weeks ago and it was unwashable so I had to toss it and get a new one. He also seems to like going in Jax's crate and peeing in there so now we have to make sure the door is always closed.

We never catch him in the act, he's always sleek about it and we find it after the fact and usually by accident.

Jax never did this so I say Louie must be a "manly-man" lol. He's lucky he's cute.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
And it takes him a good half hour every morning to pee on specific things (even though he did it just before he went to bed), first the yard swing, then the camilla bush, then the rock wall around the camilla bush.
he has his an agenda.

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
I have never seen a breed so hard to potty train & keep potty trained. Bull headed.

Pebbles finally ( I hope) had her last house accident about 4 months ago. at 1yr old

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Difficult to house train.......yorkies are right up there with bullys

D@#n near impossible!!!!
I know I've had one for 14 years...

No no let me rephrase that....I've been babysitting one for 14 years

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UH-OH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmmm Jax! :rolleyes:

Jax the angel!? He’s probably been setting Louie up this whole time to get in trouble. Hahahaha!!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He gets snipped on Thursday so we'll see if it makes a difference. I have heard that it does and I have heard it doesn't. Maybe each is different and only time will tell.
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] awhile back I took Louie over to the breeder's house for a visit and Louie was marking everywhere. A female was in a crate and he went over and lifted his leg and got her. I was mortified but they were laughing. They are probably used to it.

It doesn't help!! Chunky and the neighbors German Shepherd which is normally in their yard because they have an underground fence both try to cover up each others pee. The GSD gets out frequently and runs around for awhile marking and sniffing everything. Chunky covers it all up within a day or so but it sucks since its cold here now and I have to drag him up and down the street

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It doesn't help!! Chunky and the neighbors German Shepherd which is normally in their yard because they have an underground fence both try to cover up each others pee. The GSD gets out frequently and runs around for awhile marking and sniffing everything. Chunky covers it all up within a day or so but it sucks since its cold here now and I have to drag him up and down the street

Ugh!!! I don’t mind the outside marking but the inside marking is another story. Hopefully he doesn’t make a habit out of it.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I could tell Ty was looking for something last night, I followed him around the house, and when he began to 'get-int-position' I used my NO SIR! command,
he gave me the stink-eye

Members online

No members online now.