SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi
I had to put my Red down in January at 9 1/2 years old.

I miss him so much and am thinking of getting a new dog. Wow they are so expensive. I donā€™t need a show dog but would like to purchase from someone who raises healthy dogs.

Thank you!
Sue

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hi

I miss him so much and am thinking of getting a new dog. Wow they are so expensive. I donā€™t need a show dog but would like to purchase from someone who raises healthy dogs.

Thank you!
Sue
Have you considered rescuing? All of my pets have been rescues including my last 3 bulldogs. I could not have asked for better pets. There are so many wonderful dogs of all ages out there desperately needing a home. Look for Bulldog rescue in your state.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So Sorry to hear about your loss of Red. We too, lost our two bullies. Bentley in November 2021 and Jewel in May 2022. So we know where you are coming from. It just so happened the forum here was aware of us looking for another bully and we got lucky and were able to re-home our 3 year old (now 4 yrs old) Cooper in September 2022.

I agree with @1Chumly above. There are a lot of bullies in Foster or shelters needing a good forever home. @oscarmayer and/or @2BullyMama and the rest of the forum can shed some light.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry to learn of your loss of your boy,Red.:angelheart: Prayers for you in this sad time. There is always more room in your heart for another. Not a replacement for Red, but an additional love. +:heartsign:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi

Thank you!
Sue
hey Sue... I think you are on the east coast... but you can start by looking at bulldog of America club for a recommended breeder. if you think rescue is an option try Bullies 2 the rescue in North Carolina. they adopt out of state and currently have 80 bulldogs needing homes

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
hey Sue... I think you are on the east coast... but you can start by looking at bulldog of America club for a recommended breeder. if you think rescue is an option try Bullies 2 the rescue in North Carolina. they adopt out of state and currently have 80 bulldogs needing homes
I think sheā€™s in California

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi
yes Iā€™m in Northern California. I got in touch with Nor Cal English Bulldog rescue and Iā€™m on the list to foster for now. This was my first bulldog of my own and I miss him so much.
thank you for the kind words

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hi
yes Iā€™m in Northern California. I got in touch with Nor Cal English Bulldog rescue and Iā€™m on the list to foster for now. This was my first bulldog of my own and I miss him so much.
That is wonderful news! I am sure when you get your foster it will ease some of the heartache of losing your beautiful boy Red. Also on the plus side, you will be helping a dog that would otherwise maybe end up in a shelter. :angelheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi
Have you applied at Southern Cali Bulldog rescue -- they are another rescue that has close to 80 dogs waiting for homes

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.