looking for advice

leecar

Jan 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
charlie
hi all new to the forum

we got our bully charlie 3 weeks ago he is now 15/16weeks old, everything been fine but today he was showing abit of aggression towards my youngest son, was a growl and looked like the went to nip out at him, when my son runs round he seem to target him with rougher playing, is it something i should be concerened about? my son likes to cuddle him but charlie seems like hes triyng to move up the pecking order with him.

abit of background my 2 sons (6 and 8) dont live with me but i have them 3 days a week and i work from home so charlie is with me alot, hes not my first bulldog but my older lad passed away a few years ago and he never showed aggression at all

any advise is appreicated

thanks lee

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
hi all new to the forum

we got our bully charlie 3 weeks ago he is now 15/16weeks old, everything been fine but today he was showing abit of aggression towards my youngest son, was a growl and looked like the went to nip out at him, when my son runs round he seem to target him with rougher playing, is it something i should be concerened about? my son likes to cuddle him but charlie seems like hes triyng to move up the pecking order with him.

abit of background my 2 sons (6 and 8) dont live with me but i have them 3 days a week and i work from home so charlie is with me alot, hes not my first bulldog but my older lad passed away a few years ago and he never showed aggression at all

any advise is appreicated

thanks lee
Hello Lee, welcome. First you need to show him who alpha is. Two redirect, your furbaby is in the "shark phase" those little puppy teeth are sharp. To some extent it is normal play. When the puppy gets to rough your son needs to yelp sharply enough to startle the puppy because for the puppy it's normal play till one of them yelp letting the other pup know it was too rough. The method I used with my Sheldon (gone now) was a bit unorthodox, I bit him back when he bit me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
15weeks old like mentioned is not because the pup is aggressive simply playing but them baby teeth are nasty. Absolutely put the puppy to it’s place. He still needs to learn right from wrong. My method was grab the jowls each side n give it a bit of a stretch outwards with a FIRM NO! After a few jowls grabbed he’ll get fast..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He is just a baby and he is still learning what is acceptable behavior and play. He is not being aggressive, just being a puppy. As stated, you need to be the alpha and correct him when he is getting too rough.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... gang has you covered with great advice. Love to see some photos of your baby

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
Welcome! It sounds like the advice you got is right on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.